cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settlement Problem of WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All !!

I need to create a project to cater the cost like travelling, general expenses, electricity charges etc and then settle the amount on monthly basis to cost center. (I need to create this to have better control on these costs)

I've created the wbs and done the budgeting. Now when i assign the settlement rule as cost center with 100% and FUL settlement it gives me an error "maintain the distribution rule for G/L account without validity limit". So, to remove this error I randomly selected a g/l account and set the percentage to 0% and FUL and in No column its 2 ... so the question, is this correct ? will all the cost be settled into cost center and no cost will be settled in GL account ? (I can't change the settlement profile)

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies Sreekanth & Nitin

But i want to know will this setting work?? i dont have a testing system in my company and also i cant change the profile .. my first analysis was also the same that GL account is set as mandatory.. but sadly i can't change it ryt now

so i need to know if this setting of 100% and 0% will work ?

can u tell me what is the meaning of the No column when i press f1 on it it says Distribution Rule Number .. does this define a hierarchy ?

if it is defining a hierarchy then it should consider cost center first and settle 100% in it .. ryt ?

Thanks

Rabiee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does just adding the dummy Settlement rule with GL account and 0 % distribution helps you to post settlement successfully?

I hope it wont and as per standard SAP the process which you are refering is not correct.

Instead you should define Strategy for settlement rule.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabiee,

If u maintain a settlement rule with ZERO % the system would not consider it as a rule. It would again prompt you to maintain a rule for the sender (u can test this if you want in ur test system). Hence, modifying the settlement profile would be wise choice. Since, u have restriction for that, u can try settling to GL and the transferring the same to a Cost element via CO.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumanth

No, the system didnt give any error when i assigned this rule. But I am not sure it'll work or not.

For now I am trying to get the access to change the profile.

Rabiee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabiee,

The reason that u did not receive the message is beacuse u already have an another rule defined for your sender. Ideally when u define a sinlge rule with ZERO percentage, system should give an error. This is fyi.

Its good that u r going for setting change, that should really help you.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You only have to maintain the settlement rule at only level i.e for Cost Center. Which you have already maintained.

Check for missing configuration for Determine Strategy for Settlement rule.

Also Check if GL account is mandatory in Settlement Profile.

Thanks,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well; you can validate in your test system and see the results. But from the message it looks like in your settlement profile you have maintained G/L as required and hence system is prompting you for a distribution rule for G/L. You can flip that to optional and then you will not have to play around in distribution rule. You will need to maintain only cost centre and settle it.

Regards

Sreekanth