cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic Billing - Invoicing different amounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a scenario which I need help with. The client is into provision of services and bills for its personnel put on projects based on the number of hours spent. The contract has an agreed total contract value, the personnel that will work and their rates. However, what is billed monthly is the actual number of hours each personnel worked.

My initial thinking is to use periodic billing but that isnu2019t meeting the requirement. This is because periodic billing allows me to bill the client for a fixed value (contract value) periodically (monthly in this case). But my requirement is to bill for only personnel that has worked and only the number of hours they spent doing the work.

Is there a way to modify the periodic billing to achieve my requirement?

I will appreciate your help, including any other suggestions to help me find a solution.

Regards,

Luqman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use periodic billing but that isnu2019t meeting the requirement.

Yes, you are absolutely correct in stating that.

I believe you don't required Billing plan (periodic or milestone plan) for this requirement. And billing plan will not compatible to your requirement.

For this you can have Quantity Contract for a valid period.

Use service material for bill for only personnel that has worked and only the number of hours they spent doing the work with UoM as Hours.

The process flow can be:

1. Create Contract with validity for customer & service material.

2. Create sales order with reference to contract for releasing contract for billing.

3. Provide the billable hours & save. This provide you flexibility in flexible quantities update & pricing for billing.

4. Then create billing doc with reference to sales order (for releasing contract for billing).

Just for information: Alternatively, If you personnel is mapped on SAP (with HR). Then you can use resource related billing(RRB) & CATT for capturing working hours of personal and bill accordingly.

Regards

JP