cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some temporary directory on SAP server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually we wonu2019t get the FTP server during development and testing . So would it be possible you to read/write files onto some temporary directory on SAP server

If Yes, is it possible?then how to check with basis team to create folders and provide access to them.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anu,

Request the BASIS team to create folder in server and provide access to the required user's with read/write access.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I think I'd be nice if you have the option to enable FTP on the sap server itself for testing purposes. If you're sure that you'll have an FTP server and you want to start developing programs without that server, I think that enable FTP in SAP server itself is an option for this testing scenario.

If you want to save files on the server itself, it's easy, just save the files there in your codes for example (use the transaction FILE to define the paths). The point is, who is the user who will write to that folders?? if you simply execute it from an ABAP program, the user who writes the file in the folder is the user who is executing the Workprocess at OS level, the you have to grant that user permission to write there...

Cheers,

Diego.