cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Message type to 1 receiver-ALE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We are using ALE scenario where we ALE idocs from Finance box to HCM box. I am using searlization method for message type and generating idocs from change pointers using program RBDSE01.

One of the message type (CREMAS) is being used in more than one distribution model. The issue is when idocs are generated from change pointers, multiple communication idocs are generated as message type is maintained in more than one distribution model. Is it possible to restrict idocs generated fro change pointers to one receiver?

I have defined distribution model and have added message type SERDAT for searlization. Further filter object(searlization group) is added to this message type. program RBDSE01 is run for this searlization group.

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Is it possible to restrict idocs generated fro change pointers to one receiver?

no, as it does not make sense from a change pointer point of view

change pointers are not system specific... so once you run them they are marked as "used"

so other receivers would not be able to use them

hope that clears your doubt,

BTW

in standard not possible - not in standard it may be possible - but this is another topic as

you're asking for a standard way I believe,

Thank you,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

Thank you for your reply. Let me put my question in another way. How can I restrict multiple communication idocs being generated for my distribution module. I am sure this must be faced before and there should be some way to get around it.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check if introdcuing a message variant wud help

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Points awarded

Former Member
0 Kudos

ned to award points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

you can create a Z imessage type and assign it to the cremas basic type. If you are using change pointers you need to copy the change pointer customizing for the cremas message type to your z type (start in the idoc workbench). This is "just" customizing but should definitely fulfill your needs.

I have doene this for matmas nad it worked perfectly.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

Thank you. I was also thinking on same lines. Since I am not an ALE expert I am not aware of all the steps needed to clone CREMAs to a ZCREMAS keeping basic message type same. Can you please share steps to clone standard message type to a z?

Thanks

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I can only give you hints as I do not recall the whole procedure exactly

In the easy acces menu go to Tools -> ALE -> IDoc

1. IDoc Type Development -> Logical Messages

2. IDoc Type Development -> IDoc Type for Message

3. Relationships -> Define Link Object Type for Message Type

4. Relationships -> Assign Link Object Type to IDoc Field

5. Relationships -> Assign Business Object to Message Type

6. Engineering Change Management -> Define Change-Relevant Fields

7. Engineering Change Management -> Define Function Module for Evaluation

In all these steps copy the customizing of the original message to your zmessage.

Go to transaction sale:

Modelling and Implementing Business Processes -> Master Data Distribution -> Replication of Modified Data

8. Activate Change Pointers for Message Types (here you need to add your z message)

9. Switch Change Pointer Storage

After that you should be able to run your first test.

Please let me know whether it worked or whether I missed something.

Best of Luck

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas. I will check and confirm results.

Regards

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

Thank you. Issue has now been resolved and I am able to copy cremas to z message type.

Many Thanks

Sanjeev