cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR PO value check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi eXperts !

For example I have a budget of 1000$ for a project and ive entered this in CJ30 as overall budget. Budget for the year 2012 I've decided as 500$ and rest 500$ aren't distributed yet. Now if I create a contract with PR or PO which extends to year 2013 with amount 600$ the amount of PR/PO is checked against this budget. i want to know that on which level it will be checked ? will it be checked on 1000$ or 500$ ??

If it's checking on 1000$ level can we change this ? to check on current year basis like 2012 ?

when we are distributing budget should we distribute it for all the years ? like if the project is for 3 years 2011 2012 2013, should we assign the budget initially for all years by dividing the overall budget ?

Thanks in advance !

Rabiee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply !

the problem is I do not have a test system in my company and we are working directly on live client .. so i cant check this.. so i just want to know that in standard system when we create PR PO the value is check against which budget ... is it the Overall budget or current year budget.

Thanks

Rabiee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabiee ,

The budget check depends on the configuration settings done for budget profile.

Execute transaction OPS9 for checking the budget profile and view the settings done under availability control whether the overall check box is ticked or not. below I am just pasting the SAP documentation help

*Availability control against overall value

Indicator which controls whether availability checks are conducted against the overall value or against annual ones.

Use

In the project budget profile, the "Overall" indicator, used in conjunction with the "Releases" indicator, has the following effect:

Ind. 'Overall' Ind. 'Releases' Avail. control against ...

X - Overall budget

- - Annual budget

X X Overall budget released

- X Annual budget released

X = Indicator is set, in other words, checkbox was checked.*

Hope this gives u some hint.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shrikrishna Rasam

that is helpful !

Rabiee

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it would be better if you could test the scenario mentioned in your post above and find out how the system behaves. Revert with your findings/queries and we will see what can be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

any comment::;