cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Enterprise Service into Repository and Enhance Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

We've activated with transaction SOAMANAGER a enterprise service discovered in ENTERPRISE SERVICE WORKPLACE in SAP BACKEND.

In SAP PI we created a external definition from WSDL definition and we've developed a SOAP to SOAP scenario where SOAP receiver is pointing to this service. Everytring is working fine but I have some doubts.

1. Is that the best way to proceed? Should I have to import metadata in someway from enterprise service workplace into repository and not create a external definition from import wsdl retrive in ENTERPRISE SERVICE WORKPLACE?

2. Now we have a new requriment and we have to add to a new field into response message. So we need to enhance the enterprise service. How we can get that?

Thanks a lot.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

If you backend is a SAP system, why dont you use an ABAP or JAVA Proxy?. If you use an ABAP or JAVA Proxy the connectivity is better, in this type of communication you don't use any Adapter in SAP PI and you establish the communication directly between Integration Engines.

Regardads

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I want to use this enterprise service and use the already implemented abap class. I don't know the way to consume a enterprise service hosted in SAP BACKEND with XI protocol. I'm using Integrated Configuration so Im not totally agree with you in issue perfomance.

Regards.

Edited by: Christian Abad Chico on Feb 20, 2012 5:32 PM

Edited by: Christian Abad Chico on Feb 20, 2012 5:33 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

The first question is What is your PI version?, in different versions you could work in different alternatives.

The second question is, do you need a structure o value mapping between the sender and receiver?, if you don't need it, you could a use a Direct communication object.

In your scenario with WS-consumer and WS-provider you could use a WS protocol (available since SAP PI 7.1). http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/EN/48/ce285e3a8e5430e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We're using 7.11.

First question resolved. In this guide is explained how to enhance a standard enterprise service:

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942e5d?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

One of the steps is create a enhanced data type from original data type and then import this enhanced data type to backend with SPROXY transaction. Then you can enhance the standard code with BADIs. But my question is, how I import to SAP PI repository the metadata of a standard enterprise service (data types, message types, service interface). I'm using the enterprise service SupplierERPBasicDataByElementsQueryResponse_In.

[http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==%29/render.asp?id=E84CA2C09A8411DD2B8D000F20FCB6A9&fragID=&packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19515001A64D3F462&iv=]

Regards.

Thank u so much.

Edited by: Christian Abad Chico on Feb 21, 2012 9:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

Issue resolved. I've imported to repository XI CONTENT for SAP APPL 6.05 so then now I'm able to enhance the service enterprise.

Thanks a lot.

Regard.