cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMS Storage unit External

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I need to have in the storage unit the batch number plus another code in a custom table. For this, I have defined the storage unit with external number range but I encountered the following problem:

1) During the conversion in foregound of the trasfer requirement into Transfer Order the system issue an error: enter the storage unit. So, I have to insert the storage unit manually.

2) The user exit in MWMK0001 to determine automatically the storage unit is executed after the error message.

2) The user exit in MWMK0001 has few data available during execution and I cannot select the Batch number.

Suggestion?

Thanks for help.

Josy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please find my comments below

1) During the conversion in foregound of the trasfer requirement into Transfer Order the system issue an error: enter the storage unit. So, I have to insert the storage unit manually.

2) The user exit in MWMK0001 to determine automatically the storage unit is executed after the error message.

If you activate user exit before error message then it will not giva error.Currently are you unable to execute the user exit before ?

2) The user exit in MWMK0001 has few data available during execution and I cannot select the Batch number.

What is Few data ?why you can not select batch here ?.

Tell me your scenario what are you doing ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The operations are:

1) I make GR with migo

2) I create Tranfer order with LT06 using material document

3) During creation of transfer order I get the error: enter the storage unit. The storage unit is defined mandatory at storage type level.

4) I cannot put the user exit befor the error message because the user exit comes after the error. I put in debug and the user exit is executed following the error. The only option is to insert the storage unit manually.

5) In debug mode, inside the user exit I have no data available, apart from the storage unit that I input so i have problem to detect the batch number created during the migo. For example the material document is good to detect the batch number but is not available.

Thanks.

Josy

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As it is External storage unit mandatory then you need to pass external storage unit number in transfer order .To correct this either you need to use internal storage number unit or removing mandotory field at storage type level.

For your second issue you are not able to get batch in material document ?.You should get.Check in MSEG table are you able to see batch information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to use external Storage unit. So I have to manage it from a user exit, but the system is asking me in foreground to enter the storage unit manually. That I don't want. I want the user exit inserting the Batch number from MIGO into the storage unit of the transfer order. I have defined the storage type as relevat for storage unit because I need it. I cannot remove the storage unit management at storage type level.

Even if I insert the storage unit manually the user exit is not executed.

In the user exit I have not the document number to select MKPF and MSEG.

Josy.