Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business functionsin SNC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are on ECC6 Ehp5, SNC 7.0 EhP5 and PI 7.3 and PI Content 7.01

since we are using SNC 7.01 , It incorporates SOA(Service Oriented Architecture), so the scenarios have changed from 5.1 in terms of message processing. For most of the scenarios, they have replaced Idocs with proxies for communicating between ECC and PI.

I have been told by PI that we will be Using XML messages for processing the messages from ECC to SNC.

We will be implementing below scenarios :

u2022 Purchase Order Collaboration

u2022 Subcontracting process (CMP)

u2022 Supply Network inventory

u2022 Release Process

u2022 Invoice Collaboration.

1) Now If we send the XML messages from ECC to SNC via PI then what all settings that i need to do?

2) Which all Business functions & BOR Type for ECC6.0.

3)Which all Business functions & BOR Type for SCM 7.0.

Do i need to activate the below Business function in SNC as a part of configuration in SNC:

SCM_APO_ATP_1

SCM_APO_DISTR_REC

SCM_APO_DP_SNP_CTM

SCM_APO_DRS_PLAN

SCM_APO_HIER_AGG_PLAN

SCM_APO_MSP_EPS

SCM_APO_SPP_GEN_1

SCM_EHS_DG_CI_1

SCM_EM_HIGHVOL

SCM_EM_TMCONTENT01

SCM_EWM_REV_LOG

SCM_EWM_TRANS_INT_1

SCM_SCMB_TM_FND1

SCM_SCMB_TR_NETWORK

SCM_SNC_GEN_1

Thanks & Regards.

Shailesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

If you want you can activate SCM_SNC_GEN_1 depending upon business needs or configuration.

As per my understanding there is no need to activate any business function but if you need additional feature of SNC to be used then refer below help link for more details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_SNC700_ehp01/helpdata/en/a2/6d67d9b60149cb887acf72ae0b90ac/frameset.htm

In ECC you are going for EPh5 which means no need to activate any additional business function(Normally SNC needs EPh4 only for some the latest feature to be use like in workorder collaboration ManufacturingWorkOrderInformation and ManufacturingWorkOrderProductionProgressNotification XML are used if ECC is with EPh4)

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable input.

I am having a Query realted to SNC 7.01 and SNC 5.1.

Now at my clients SCM server 7.01 is installed ,PI 7.03 with PI content 7.01.

With PI content 7.01 as per SOA we should use XML message from ECC to PI and PI to SNC and accordingly from SNC tp PI and PI to ECC.

Shall we go ahead with the above functionality i.e Message processing through XML or Use the message processing functioanlity of PI content 5.1 IDOC message processing, i.e from ECC the IDOC will be created and accordingly in PI it will get converted into XMl.

What is your suggestion on the above issue?

Will there be any problem if i go for XML messages from ECC ,do i need to activate any business Function in ECC (SFW5).

Like does 7.1 support XML message from ECC to PI for all the scenarios (I am not able to find the help on this).

Please suggest i am in dielema what to Use whether XML message (the latest one with PI content 7.01) or the Older one (PI content 5.1) ,Like if we Use 5.1 will the client have any objection in future because we are not Using the Latest features that are available in 7.1(XML message from ECC to PI)

Awaiting for your valuable input.

Thanks a Lot

Regards

shailesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

My suggestion is go for PI content 7.01 and yes u need to activate business function see the below link:

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=9629585#9629585

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Now if i go for PI content 7.01 then when i will create PO

Send purchase order from SAP ERP to SAP SNC --> XML message will be : PurchaseOrderERPReplenishmentOrderCollaborationNotification

In the earlier case when idocs was used i have to configure output message(ZSNC) -->Special function -->send immediately.

And secondly i need to maintain the partner profile in which i have to mention logical system and the output message (ZSNC).

Message type as PORDCR1 and in message control -->message type as ZSNC which i have created as output message for PO.

So accordinlgy ECC would recognize that the IDOC for this PO has to be created and to be sent to PI-->SNC

Now if i use XML message directly to be sent to PI do i need to maintain output message type as special function, If not then what would be the triggering point that the XML messages need to be sent to PI.

How ECC would differentiate between SNC and Non SNC PO's.

Thanks and Regards

shailesh