cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validations on Remote Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to get an answer on my problem in the documentation and the Forum but was not successful.

My problem is:

I create a new Object in the repository (in the Data Manager) and right click to edit the Key mappings. I choose the client system I want to syndicate to and I also specify a number which represents the exact client system ID. If the client system has special number ranges for certain criterias for the key and a MDM Data Manager user does not know these ranges, is there a possibility to create validations to prevent wrong entries?

e.g. validation: 10000<[Client System ID]<20000

(I know that I can also specify a number range in the Console for the Client system and then get the result when syndicating to the outbound. But I want to specify an exact number in the Data Manager but still have a range control running(validation) when entering a new key mapping)

Thank you very much for the answer

BR

Nico

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas:

Your requirement is very reasonable and documented. Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a built-in validation on keymappings...

There's a possibility tough... you can access the keymapping features, using the Java API. It should not take too much effort to create a GUI for users to manage the keymappings. If you do choose this option, you can create all the validations you need and then, on user commit, update the MDM repository

do you have experience on MDM Java API? let me know if I can help you with this

Kind Regards

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

yes I have experience with the API. I just thought there might be a "standard" way maybe in the DataManager itself to get a validation on the keys.

But thanks for the answer

BR

Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

As mentioned by Alejandro, there is no out of box functionality in Data Manager.

I saw a demo on SP4 iViews and there there is a possibility of using a pre-delivered iView for Key Mappings. This iview is so powerful that user can even connect to R/3 and view all the details about the obect in R/3. As an example, if you are working on Material repository and did key mapping based on your R/3 material, using this iView, you can goto R/3 and check the details of that Material in R/3.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

is it possible to send me this demo or even the example iView?

nicolas.fink@sap.com

Thank you

Best regards

Nicolas