cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month-end closing by FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I am trying to learn what goes on when doing the month-end closing, specifically how they reconcile, if they do so, between SD/MM and FI.

For example, Sales Direct Entries may be posted in FI without posting in SD/MM.

So, how to reconcile the 2 'databases' if not all FI accounting entries are found in SD/MM sales postings ?

My requirement is to have a easy way for the accounting department or FI consultants to ensure the 2 databases reconcile with each other and if there are any direct entries posted in FI, to list them out.

regards

Pascal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope, you should be aware of what are the month end activities of SD & FI.

Coming to your query, if the client dont want to show the revenue in SD side but only in FI, then in that case, you can post directly in FI.

On the other hand, if already some invoices were generated for which, partial amount is received by the client, then it has to be cleared via TCodes like F-28, F-32 etc.,

Keeping SD invoice as open and clearing in FI directly via F-02 should not be encouraged.

Hope I understood your query correctly.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva, thanks, appreciate it. Will open a new thread after I get clarifications from the rest for the below :

Dear Lakshmi

There is no SD invoice at all for my case of direct sales postings.

I am ok for directly posting sales adjustments in FI.

What happen is , I am a BI consultant.

The BI logic is to select from Both SD MM and FISL database.

From SDMM cubes, Sales figures are selected by a query.

From FISL cube, only the Sales Adjustment GLs are selected.

So, the problem is direct posting in FISL which could be many for example:

1. user posting using Sales GLs via Direct posting in FI. This means no traceability to SD MM because no Billing doc posted.

2. user positng with wrong GLs via direct posting in FI. By right , GLs should have been controlled by GL master settings. But seems like users or a consultant is allowing the GL master to be changed to allow Direct Posting.

Coming back to my question, I wish to know in month-end closing what activities should be done and does it include :

A. Finding out if All sales postings in SD MM matches what is found in FI ?

If so, how is this done?

Any reports?

Any tcodes?

Any functions?

2. Is point 1 a logical step as an activity for month-end closing?

What is the impact to organizations if SD MM database Sales data does not 'reconcile' (for lack of a better word) with the FI database due to direct posting?

Thank you so much for helping to reply my doubts. Hope to hear more from you all.

Best regards

Pascal

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you can take a look at OSS Note 532876 - FAQ: Revenue recognition process -point 9 to find the inconsistencies between SD and FI posting.

Regards,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sales Direct Entries may be posted in FI without posting in SD/MM.

Sales entries must always be posted only through SD process. If this is NOT done (for example freight rate received from third party freight forwarders), then only FI people should know how to reconcile and NOT sd people. Hence I recommend posting your query in FI forum after closing this thread.

Regards,