cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to Linux (Redhat 5.6) - Oracle - Remove the group account error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to migrate central instance Windows-Oracle 10g system to distributed Linux-Oracle 11g system.

New architecture will be as follows;

Global Host and Central Instance will be on Windows

Database Instance will be on Linux (Redhat 5.6)

Oracle version will be upgraded from 10g to 11g also.

I have two questions;

1-

I installed global host to windows and trying to install DB instance on linux system. When I show the profile folder (mounted from global host with the command mount //<globalhost ip>/sapmnt/SID/SYS/profile /sapmnt/SID/SYS/profile -o username=SIDADM,password=<password>,domain=domainname) the following error occurs.

"

The default profile /sapmnt/<SAPSID>/profile/DEFAULT.PFL is owned by <SAPSID> <port_number>, which is the <SAPSID> of group nobody. Remove the group account nobody.

"

How can I pass this error?

2-

I tried to install Oracle 11g. but when I select these RDBMS dvds, sapinst asks me about 10g dvds.

Is there a specific installation master dvds for Oracle 11g? Or do I need to patch installation master?

Could you help, please?

Quick response will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

I applied your alternate solution recommendation.

Created the following directories and changed owners and groups to sidadm:sapsys for all directories. And changed all authorities to rwx. (Recursive authorization did not work, gave authorizations to directories one by one)

/sapmnt/SID/profile

/sapmnt/SID/global

/sapmnt/SID/exe

I used 51040127_7 labled Inst Master and there is no problem with 11g now.

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuksel,

Good to know that your problem is resolved.

Hope you shall reward appropriate points.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for your answer firstly.

I installed global host on windows server as domain installation.

SID of the domain user on windows is "S-1-5-21-1710997884-3334696276-3569044359-105843".

On linux sid and guids are like 500.

How can I make these the same?

Any suggestion?

For the dvds I downloaded new ones and trying them now.

Kind Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuksel,

For your first query

Soln : Refer SAP note 969660. Relevant Section has been pasted here

Usage of NFS-V4 file system: create OS users manually on NFS server

If you use NFS-V4 file system, then you have to create the operating system users (<sapsid>adm and database user) for your SAP system manually on the NFS server, before you start the installation.

These users must have the same user ID as the operating system users on the instance host(s) of your SAP system.

Otherwise, you get an error message like the following during the installation:

NWException thrown: nw.sapsysBad<SAPSID>2:The default profile /sapmnt/<SAPSID>/profile/DEFAULT.PFL is owned by <SAPSID> <port_number>, which is the <SAPSID> of group nobody.

Remove the group account nobody.

If you fail to create OS users like described above and get this error during the installation, mount your file system using NFS-V3. Do not remove the group account nobody as suggested in the error message.

Alternate solution

To keep things easy I would install locally (without any mounted profile) and after the installation is done mount the profile directory and copy the profiles.

For Second Query:

Paste the DVD number and Which SAP release you installing.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuksel,

I installed global host to windows and trying to install DB instance on linux system. When I show the profile folder (mounted from global host with the command mount //<globalhost ip>/sapmnt/SID/SYS/profile /sapmnt/SID/SYS/profile -o username=SIDADM,password=<password>,domain=domainname) the following error occurs.

"

The default profile /sapmnt/<SAPSID>/profile/DEFAULT.PFL is owned by <SAPSID> <port_number>, which is the <SAPSID> of group nobody. Remove the group account nobody.

"

How can I pass this error?

You may need to maintain same userid and groupid for <sidadm> user on both the hosts Linux as well as windows. Check the /etc/passwd and /etc/groups file on Linux machine.

2-

I tried to install Oracle 11g. but when I select these RDBMS dvds, sapinst asks me about 10g dvds.

Is there a specific installation master dvds for Oracle 11g? Or do I need to patch installation master?

Could you help, please?

You need to download latest SAP installation master for your SAP release from SAP Service Marketplace and try the installation again.

Regards,

Deepak Kori