cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJ40 - Cost Elements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please help me in uderstanding the relation between CJ40 and Cost elements.

I am trying to plan one of my WBS element in using CJ40, when put some value for the same WBS element and click on u2018primary costsu2019 tab, it took me u2018planning primary costs-overview screenu2019 (there it displayed a list of cost elements), so here, I wanted to know-

1. How does cost elements displayed there, I mean, where does the setting has maintained? So that they are displaying in CJ40?

2. I have 2 internal activities in the same WBS elements, can I plan for the same in CJ40 (rather than planning costs using materials and work centers for the same activities)?

3. If I plan cost for WBS, and while posting costs, if I account assign my network and activity, would system allow it?

Thanks for your time and understanding.

Regards,

Sumanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Cost elements are coming from the the primary cost element group defined in planning profile in OPSB.

2. no

3. yes

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Thanks for your response. It really makes a sence.

Just need an quick clarification from your end, when we plan activity (especially Intennal), we release and plan costs and then go for execution, so here, RELEASE was the initiator for the operation.

But, I wanted to know- what exactly meant by CONFIRMING an activity? What is its importance? And what are its limitations /scope?

Thanks again for your time and understanding.

Regards,

Sumanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But, I wanted to know- what exactly meant by CONFIRMING an activity? What is its importance? And what are its limitations /scope?

Confirmations document the state of processing for activities and activity elements in a network.

When you post confirmation actual costs from Activity are posted.Actual Dates are updated to Network

You control the following business functions via confirmations:

Reduction of work center capacity load

Update of the actual costs based on the confirmed data

Update of network data, such as duration, work, and status

Update of dates for WBS elements

Copy actual dates to milestone (depending on degree of progress)

Removal of the billing block in the billing plan

Backflushing and unplanned withdrawals of material components

Posting of open reservations

Activation of milestone functions

Triggering of workflow processes when there are discrepancies in the confirmation

You can check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/8e/b9853488601e33e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm for more information.

Thanks,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you plan, then for execution you release activity. When you release activity several business transactions can be perfomed on that activity. For details on business transaction click on th 'i' button besides the activity statuses.

Confirmation simply means activity is completed partiall(some percentage) or fully. Nitin already provided all important details regarding confirmations.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin/ Harsh,

Thanks for your responses.

I understood that confirmation states the completion of work interms of percentage or full, and we can plan and control many business functions via the same. But, once I confirm an activity, would it be possible to again plan some cost/plan work for the same activity? Also, the status Confirm can be revoked?

Regards,

Sumanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you try it yourself if confirmed status can be revoked or not.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure...

Thanks - Harsh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

heleneroz1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does somebody know how to do in CJ40 for secondary cost element planning are possible?

To date, there is only primary cost button is enabled.

Regards

Thu-Huong