Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc MATMAS Creation

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

sorry, but I've not known where I should insert this thread.

I would like to send XML-Idocs from type MATMAS.

Can someone explain me the steps how to create this Idoc?

I only found, how to send this Idoc from one system to another one.

But not, how to create a file.

I only need the steps, how to create the file.

Port settings should be OK.

Thx in advance

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RBDSEMAT- Stand alone program to generate IDocs (Send Material)

RBDMIDOC - Outbound triggered from change pointer

You can use standard program RBDSEMAT (BD10) to send IDoc for particular material by specifying material number only.

RBDMIDOC is used for creating IDOCs based on change pointers. RBDMIDOC is usually automatically executed in the background

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx for the answer.

BD10 I already found.

But with this transaction, I only can send an IDoc from one system to another, or?

e.g. productive system <-> test system

But I would like to create an XML-Idoc, for external partner.

And this I can't do with change pointers or BD10, or?

Thx in advance

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jack_graus2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, if your port settings are OK then a file should be created. I guess you are using an XML file port and not an XML HTTP port ? The file will be created in the directory as configured in the outbound file directory of your port configuration. The direcory is either a logical or physical directory. The creation of the XML file can be debugged by triggering the XML file generation from IDOC by ABAP RSEOUT00 and then in form SEND_TO_XML in ABAP LEDI7F00 set the parameter ONLINE_OPTION to 'B'.

Regards Jack

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ah ok,

So I have to create our external partner (supplier) as a logical system and behind this system I set the xml-port?

I thought, a logical system is only for internal (company system) use.

Kind regards

jack_graus2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, yes, the sending system of the outbound IDOC will be the logical LS system assigned to the SAP client. Next to that you can flag the outbound precess code as 'outbound with inbound trigger. Then the inbound processing will be triggered after creating the outbound IDOC. Also next to that you could consider to use RFC instead of XML (file). Then no files will be created at all. Then you use RFC as outbound IDOC port.

Regards Jack

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, and it is also not a problem, that I define an external partner as a logical system?

Maybe in other system functions?

Thx

jack_graus2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, when you send the MATMAS from change pointer then it will be send with a logical system as destination anyway. The port will create an XML file with destination LS. We have several of these scenario's running. When the XML file is created then the outbound processing is finished.

Regards Jack

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx for help,

and there is no way, to generate a MATMAS IDoc without creating an logical system?

For example like creating an Invoice via messages?

My doubts are, that it is the correcty way to create a logical system for external partners.

thx

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I've already created the IDoc now, with the guide you wrote.

Now I've another question.

I've created a view with TA WE32.

This View I've attached to the logical system with WE20.

But when I create the IDoc via BD10, the Idoc contains all segments, also segments which I've switched off in the view.

Any ideas?

Thx

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I found note 185445, which says, that MATMAS don't supports views.