Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

store documents in local machine of file system not in sap dms

dipak_khatavkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i store documents in local machine not in sap Database . Client will not use content server for storing document.

so how to store document in local file system n how to configure ?

please help.

Dipak.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dipak_khatavkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please help me.

problem not solved.

Thanks.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

You may configure Vault without DVA to store documents in local machine filesystem. You many need to configure the following

1) Defined the Define data carrier type "server, front end" as PC.

2) Defined Define servers and files or folders as Server1

3) Defined Identify frontend computers as Default, PC

4) Defined Define mount points / logical drive as Data Carrier:Sever1, Type: PC, Prefix for Access path:_ network path for the server

Regards,

Deepak Kori

dipak_khatavkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sir.

"File could not be accessed "Getting error while accessing or opening attaching file.

Please help!!!

Dipak.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

I think that this is the same issue as you reported in http://scn.sap.com/thread/3167365. Please do not ask the same question twice or several times.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dipak,

If ur client do not configured external content server then you have to do the configuration as Deepak Kori said.

After this config, it means that whatever docs u saved, it will use SAP database and obviously it hase limited space.

Coming to ur problem: can u pls exactly mention what error coming? Just copy and paste that error. May be some message no also coming with error.

May be ur file extension require some changes. It can be done thru DC30 T code.

Regards,

Bhushan

dipak_khatavkar
Participant
0 Kudos

error"File C:\Users\sap\Desktop\tranport rquest.txt could not be accessed" at time of opening document file in cv02n

actually i (tranport rquest.txt )deleted this file from original location after creating document.

can you please explain me what is configuration in DC30?

thanks.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

so if you try to display the original in CV02N is the lock icon closed or open? Because if it is open then the system can only access the file in its origin directory which would be C:\Users\sap\Desktop\. But if you have removed the file there, the error message will be raised.

Best regards,

Christoph

dipak_khatavkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello sir,

when i try to display the original in CV02N that time lock icon is 'OPEN'(free,unlock).

Document stored at file system(i have given C:\temp\ in data carrier).

As my understanding,

After creating document, when i will try to open file, it should refer to file system path where i stored, not to origin directory(C:\Users\sap\Desktop\tranport rquest.txt),

after deleting this file,it should able to open.

but in my case, it will not happen.

when i try to create document using SAP DATABASE or SAP content server that time it will not happen means deleted files from origin path where i was picked out.

this problem occurred only using data carrier

I got confused, please tell if i have wrong configuration

dipak_khatavkar
Participant
0 Kudos

attaching screen shot of error

Error while opening file

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

thanks for the screenshots. Please note that as long as the file is not checked in (lock icon closed) the system is only able to open the file in the directory mentioned in field "Original".

Even if you are using a data carrier the file needs to be checked in to made it available independently to the origin path. Regarding the usage of a data carrier please made sure that also the corrections of SAP note 1319207 are implemented in your system.

Best regards,

Christoph

dipak_khatavkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much

I understand now, what was the exact problem

so i will try  and let you know if i have problem.

Thanks,

Dipak.

dipak_khatavkar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

When I try to check in in storage as 'VAULT' it send error 'Attempt to set up connection to  failed'

attaching screen shot of error

I customize in DC20 for Vault:

For: "Define data carrier type "vault""

Data carr. type = ZD

For: "Define vault"

Data carr.name = ZDC_TEST

Data carr. type= ZD

Desprition = Test

Vault path = \\10.181.210.10\_SAP Practice\SAP DMS\DMS_Data_carrier      -> this is the network path.

For: "Define data carrier type "server, front end"

Type (data carr. type) = DC

Description = Frontend test

Path = c:\temp\

For: "Define mount ponts/logical drive"

Data carr. = Default/ZDC

Prefix for access path = c:\temp\

Please tell me if have configured any wrong configuration or need to add any additional configuration

Thanks.

Dipak.

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

this new kind of error message indicates that the connection to the vault is not working well. I hope that the information in SAP notes 1029606, 190075 and 183119 could be useful to check the vault setup on your side.

As the SAPFTP is used for the communication with the vault please see also note 93042.

Best regards,

Christoph