cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incident management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

May you please throw some light on SAP CRM ITSM, incident management. To handle the incidents in SAP do we need Solman and CRM 7.0 or with out Solman can we handle Incidents (tickets) (i.e. in the landscape of ECC) using only SAP CRM 7.0.

if not what are the alternative u propose?

Thanks,

K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

> May you please throw some light on SAP CRM ITSM, incident management. To handle the incidents in SAP do we need Solman and CRM 7.0 or with out Solman can we handle Incidents (tickets) (i.e. in the landscape of ECC) using only SAP CRM 7.0.

> if not what are the alternative u propose?

>

> Thanks,

> K

Hi, kesava9.

SAP Solution Manager is greate for Service Desk of SAP-systems.

As I know, CRM doesn't give you enough capability for handling tickets to SAP.

You can read more about Application Incident Management here: http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman (->SAP Solution Manager 7.1->Application Incident Management)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, can we resolve the incidents which are out of ECC for ex: if the user have any problem with an issue not in ECC environment but may be AS400 system or MS outlook etc can we able to handle these tickets (incidents) with solman.

Thanks in advance

K-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply, can we resolve the incidents which are out of ECC for ex: if the user have any problem with an issue not in ECC environment but may be AS400 system or MS outlook etc can we able to handle these tickets (incidents) with solman.

> Thanks in advance

> K-

Yes, you can handle tickets in SAP SM even if you have no ERP or other managed system.

Your end-user can send tickets by himself (from portal, for example) or with help of service desk operator (phone call, e-mail).