Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send TRFC calls sequentially in BPM

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I had a File to IDOC scenario(BW) where, 90 MB of file was failing.

However, i have designed the split first and then i used BPM and its working fine for 50 MB.

But then, again when i test with 90 MB data then BW EDIDC tale is getting error with "LOCK TABLE WORKFLOW"

So, i want to know that how can i send the TRFc Calls sequentially so that every 10000 records goes one after the Other and not at one time.

Shall i put WAIT in BPM ?

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>TRFc Calls sequentially

TRFC is never sequential (only qRFC)

>>>Shall i put WAIT in BPM ?

what if the BPM will crash ? what if the ccBPM will send the data and R3 will crach and will not receive it ?

then after restarting of ECC - idocs will not be delivered in the correct order

BTW

using ccBPM for sequencing is one of the worse ideas in PI architecture - sorry

>>>But then, again when i test with 90 MB data then BW EDIDC tale is getting error with "LOCK TABLE WORKFLOW"

we're doing 2 Gb and not having this so why don't just increase the parameter on BW ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Right now it is 50000 , how much do you think we should increase it to accommodate 90 MB of data.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

I spoke to business and they are not ready to increase the table parameter for one process.

So, now i have find some other solution. Can you plesae guide me .

Regards,

Ravi

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about the solution that I've suggested initially, with splitting the source file with FCC? You can then set the Queue Processing in receiver communication channel to have the message parts delivered one by one. Thanks to this, you will not require such a big lock table.

Hope this helps,

Greg

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Greg,

I think, i forgot to mention in this thread that, the input is an XML file .

So we cannot use FCC in this case.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Are you using File Content Conversion in your scenario, on the sender side? If so, please use the "Recordsets per Message" FCC parameter to split the source file into several messages with standard SAP functionality.

Hope this helps,

Greg