cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI server setup

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have setup a remote GUI Setup server for SAP GUI 7.2 (compilation 3) After setting up server, I have applied patch 9 and then, created a package.

However when I try to execute this on a remote machine using "
<IP>\<share>\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Package="pkg1", it starts the GUI installation window and says that "your system does not fulfill the prerequisites for the chosen components. This package cannot be installed as it contains components with failing prerequisites". This is surprising because in my package, I have selected all the components... and thus there is no problem with dependencies.

Can this happen because the product was updated with patch 9 ? (When you do a local install with local media, and if you try to install the patch file before gui, it displays a similar message).

I then click on next but it does not allow me to select the package.. instead it allows me to show all available products and install gui from there.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into exactly the same issue. My package installs fine on an XP machine with Outlook 2007, but fails as described with Windows 7 and Outlook 2010. SAP not 691407 makes reference to the fact that the Calsync function has issues and is no longer supported.

Open your package for configuration and select "Change package content". Then drill down to "SAP GUI for Windows 7.20" --> "General Add-On". You can see the description for the "Outlook client extension" clearly indicates that it is incompatible with Outlook 2010.

I solved the issue by simply deselecting the "Outlook client extension" from the package. It now installs properly in all environments.

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan

Yes, this works... it is the same for me... It is resolved now..

However, Is there any standard way to make the systems appear in the logon pad ? How do I decide on the destination folder of ini files C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\SAP\Common or other depending on O/S.

Any clue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use a webserver to share the configuration files (saplogon.ini and saplogontree.xml) to my employees. With this I am also able to apply changes in the infrastructure of our SAP systems easily.

I wrote an "on-end-install script" to set the value of the webserver in the registry after a client installation. You should be able to find the necessary information about this topic in the installation guide.

Regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay-Basis,

Be sure you apply note 1587566 to your installation server - There have been MAJOR updates to NwSapSetup.exe provided by the patch identified in that note.

Watch out ... if you use automatic workstation update feature you want the LARGER of the two downloads. They are not always marked in the description for this. The smaller one is just the patch for NwSapSetup.exe only.

Good luck,

Bob H

Minneapolis, MN

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

@Rainer : This is not about client pre-requisites as I am able to comfortably install SAP GUI using the setup ...

@Bob: thank you for referring the note.. The note contains SP for Windows server based on IA processors.. I am using x86..

1. Should I still apply the patch ? I am not using auto workstation update ... so I have only downloaded SAPSETUP90P1SP00_5-20008539.EXE

2. Can you please confirm which of the below should be used for patching server / GUI ? I can see two files for same patch..

gui720_10-10007878.exe SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 patch 10

gui720_10_2-10007878.exe SAP GUI for Windows 7.20 PL 10 Hotfix 2 (note 1489891)

3. Also, I noticed that if I would ignore the /package argument, the installation runs fine and I select following components* to do the installation .. it goes pretty well. However, when I create a package comprising of the same components, and run with '/package' argument, I get the following message (Your system does not fulfill the prerequisites for the chosen components. This package could not be installed as it contains components with failing pre-requisites.) Any clue ?

*components:

1) SAP GUI for WIndows 7.20 (FULL : contains SAP GUI Suite, R/3 Add-on, General Add-on, CRM Add-on, SCM Add-on, SEM Add-on, Legacy components)

2) Engineering Client Viewer 7.0

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this sounds more like the workstation you are trying to install the GUI on does not fulfil all the requirements, have a look at SAP Note 26417 as well as the SAPgui documentation for details,

cheers,

Rainer