cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ignoring index

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the db check following error occured:

BR0865W Owner of index SYSTEM.CDHDR~Z01 different from the owner of table SAPR3.CDHDR - ignoring index

I couldn't find any information for this error. is the index really ignored by the SAP system?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the detailed answer.

usually we know how to create a index. but this time we created the index in oracle first. create index...

otherwise the table is locked until the index is created. an my colleague forgot the SAPR3.

but i'm still wondering if the index is really ignored by the system. or is this only a warning that the consisty of the index cannot be checked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The index can be used by SAP, it is "only" ignored by the BRtools.

But you will have to re-create it as SAPR3 user anyway, so it does not matter very much.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

>> but i'm still wondering if the index is really ignored by the system. or is this only a warning that the consisty of the index cannot be checked?

Check missing indexes on DB02. You can check it whether the index is exist on SE14, as well. So, if you don't see any problem, execute a query using the index fields and check the execution plan of it.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

BR0865W Owner of index SYSTEM.CDHDR~Z01 different from the owner of table SAPR3.CDHDR - ignoring index

Ideally owner of SAP dictionary tables and indexes should be SAP Schema which in your case should be SAPR3 .

As an exception you have SYSTEM as owner of index "CDHDR~Z01".

When you run DBcheck using db13 or brtools it will use SAP Schema user to connect to database and check for all the objects which are under ownership of SAP Schema user. In your case dbcheck shall not check the consistency of CDHDR~Z01 index.

To resolve this you may do the following.

1) Drop the index from the database

2) Login into SAP system

3) In Db02 run "Refresh all data sets" . This will show in Missing Indexes the entry for CDHDR~Z01.

4) FRom the Missing indexes screen , you can choose to create the index in the database.

Using above steps you change the owner of the index CDHDR~Z01 from SYSTEM to SAPR3.

Regards,

Deepak Kori