cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print the overflow entries in Smart Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I am having a problem regarding smart forms . I have 30 entries in may data base table . Bt while I am going to print these data in smart form table it is showing only 16 entries .How to print rest of the entries in smart form ? Can anybody give me any solution .

Thanks,

Regards,

Swashrayee

Edited by: Matt on Feb 20, 2012 10:15 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check if you have created your table in any window other than MAIN Window.

you must create table or loop in main window.

becoz it is only the main window which streches itself onto next pages untill all the entries in an internal table gets printed.

i dont see any other reason for your missing records.

if problem still persistes get back!

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you used table insted of templete in the main window , rest of items will display in next page.

In output display press page down in keyboard.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moderator Message

I've edited your post so that the subject isn't in ALL CAPITALS. Please make sure that you use mixed case in future, or you risk your questions being rejected.

I've moved your post to Form Printing, as that is the correct forum for SmartForm questions.

matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you sure you are entering the data in the main window .

If you are using the secondary window,there is no flow text display with page break. If you position a subwindow with the same name on several pages, the system displays the contents of this subwindow on each page. Text and data that do not fit into the subwindow are truncated and not displayed.

In a main window you display text and data, which can cover several pages (flow text). As soon

as a main window is completely filled with text and data, the system continues displaying the text

in the main window of the next page. It automatically triggers the page break.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What you can do is you can assign the first_page as next page on the page general attributes tab. In this way you will be able to print,

Do not use templates as in case some data gets overflowd output will not be issued.

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should I crate another page ,??

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just assign the same page as next page and see what is the output. If it looks good then you are done

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

No its still not coming . Actually I need to see rest of the entries in the next page . I dont know whether it will be automatically generated or manually I've to create that .If manually I have to create then how .

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please press the page down button and check. On top you will see how many pages are generated.

Keep a loop in main window table. Define next page as first page. Check how many entries are displayed

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya after pressing Page dwn button the missing entries are coming . Is there any way to print all the entries at a time together bt in different pages.

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is there any way to print all the entries at a time together bt in different pages.

I did not get your requirement

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is that you want to view all the pages at the same time without pressing PAGE DOWN. If that is what you want it is not possible. The form with many number of pages can only be viewed by pressing the page down ( in print preview ).

When you press page down it doesn't mean that the page is printed at that time only.All the data are printed at once (on clicking print or print preview) in different pages but you have to view the pages by pressing page down.

Regards,

Praveenkumar T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adjust ur main window.C all the fields are given right.

(or)

To achieve your requirement, do not use a table.

Instead use a template inside a loop.

Make the column width of the template as desired and the height of the line should be such that only one line can fit in it.

Create the text nodes in the template based on the number of columns you have.

In each text node, in the output options tab, assign the value for LINE as 1 and COLUMN as the actual column number.

Hope this meets your requirement.

Regards,

Karthik.R