cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate System access details for SUS vendor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

We need to generate the system access details for SUS vendor. How to achieve it? We are following the below approach:

We are working on SRM 7.01 with backend system ECC 6 enhpk 5 with classic scenario.

1. The potential suppliers will register using the Registration Of Suppliers (ROS) application.

2. The SUS administrator will approve/reject suppliers.

3. The approved suppliers will be transferred to ECC backend system using PI.

4. The transfer will create vendor master in the ERMS system.

5. The suppliers will be replicated to SAP SRM system from ECC backend system using replication program.

Now, the interesting part comes. Not all suppliers are going to be SUS vendor (because of license limitation). How to generate the system access details for the vendors selectively?

We are thinking of the below approach:

1. We will mark some vendors selectively as SUS suppliers by ticking the check box 'Portal Supplier'.

2. On ticking the checkbox 'portal supplier' and setting the output medium 'XML' for supplier and saving it, the supplier will be replicated to SUS system.

How will the supplier get access to the SUS? The supplier will get system access details in the e-mail maintained in the user details settings.

Could you please comment on the business process? Since we are on classic scenario, we will have all supplier collaboration on MM-SUS scenario. Will the restriction of simultaneous activation of MM-SUS and SRM-SUS come to play here?

Any guide here will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Ranjan Sutradhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

You are on the right track.

You can very well use this process with classic scenario (MM-SUS). SUS Suppliers can be checked as portal suppliers and this will trigger an email with login details to the admin user of that supplier. This admin user can then login and create further contact persons (if needed) for his organization.

Just wondering if SAP has come up with some interface Ehp 1 onwards to transfer approved suppliers to ECC via PI? Is the scenario SUPPLY_BASE_MANAGEMENT in PI?

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, you are very much right. From SRM 7.01, SAP has delivered the scenario of replicating the approved suppliers in ROS directly to ECC. I am not sure about the PI business scenario, it should be supplier enablement. I will confirm the same to you.

However, the standard interface is not sufficient for you. You need to enhance the interface to transfer some mandatory data such as account group (necessary to create vendor master data in ERMS system).

Regards,

Ranjan

Ranjan Sutradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil/All,

Could you please help us to know at what point the user id will be generated?

Below are the cases:

1. A new supplier registers using ROS. The purchaser reviews the responses from the supplier and approves the application. Then, using the button 'Transfer to backend system' the SUS administrator transfer to the backend system.

2. If we replicate the suppliers to the SUS system directly from MM system using BD14, when the access will be generated for the suppliers.?

3. If we trigger the supplier transfer from SRM to SUS by ticking the option 'Portal vendor' , at what point the user access will be generated?

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

User id's will always be generated when you push the supplier into SUS (whether it is from SRM or MM does not matter).

Once the XML message carrying your vendor reaches SUS and is visible in SXMB_MONI, the user id's will be generated and a mail will be triggered.This mail can be seen under SOST till you enable outgoing mails in your system.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

Thanks for the response. Now, one last query.

1. We have configured the classic scenario with MM-SUS scenario.

2. The Suppliers will be replicated from MM to SRM using the report BBPGETVD.

3. Now, checking the tickbox 'Portal Vendor' and output medium 'XML, we will trigger the transfer of vendor master data from SRM to SUS.

4. As a result, the vendor record will be created in SRM SUS system with access details.

Now, the SUS vendor will start the collaborative procurement such as PO, PO response, ASN and invoice creation with MM system.

How the link will be established between SUS vendor and MM vendor master data to initiate the document exchange now? Do we need to do any additional configuration or the link is already established as the vendor creation process is linked as below

MM system -> SRM system -> SUS system ?

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Ranjan Sutradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

If the vendor number in MM system = vendor number in SRM system, then SUS should have no issue in collaborating with MM system. This is because once you push vendor from SRM to SUS, the vendor-number field will hold vendor's number in SRM system.

Can you try this with one vendor in your Dev system and let me know. If the linkages don't work then we can look for a workaround.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I have already configured external number range for BP in the SRM system which is same as the internal number range of vendors in the backend system. Somehow my understanding says there should be other logic other than the number range to link it to the MM system. I will keep the thread open and let you know the outcome.

If I replicate the Suppliers from the MM system to SUS system, how the suppliers will get access to the SRM system to take part in bidding ( we have configured Bidding in SRM server)?

it will be great if anyone confirms the system behaviours on the below aspect:

1. If we replicate the suppliers from SRM to SUS using PI, will the supplier be able to take part in the MM-SUS collaborative procurement environment?

2. The other approach: where we will replicate the suppliers from the MM system to SUS system; How the SUS suppliers will get access to the SRM system to take part in the online bidding (bidding confiured for SRM system only).

Could you please comment on the system behaviour based on your experience?

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan

Firstly the vendor number is same in MM, SRM and SUS .

Your point 1 is correct . so MM and SUS can collaborate as per above discussion.

now ans to point 2 . is SRM suppliers can participate in online bidding by maintaining contact person in SRM ( so they would get mail to login to SRM system ) and making the "surrogate bidding" flag unticked while maintaining the contact person.

Thanks,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ranjan,

i have a similar scenario as you, and wanted your thoughts on how you solved your problem.

- i am on SRM 7.02, level 5, with ECC 6.0 EHP6, and have activated customizing switch (SRM_701_SUCO_SUP_REG)

- i have bidding in SRM server

- i have ROS in separate ROS client (i.e. two SRM clients, ROS and SRM(EBP) client).

process 1 (potential supplier is a vendor (no bidding initially)):  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/c1/ed3c190b3e494aab735a803a2de462/frameset.htm  - -potential supplier registers in ROS client, fills out questionnaire

- purchaser approves them in supplier pre-selection

- if vendor should be a real vendor right away (i.e. not going through bidding), then purchaser will click transfer button via supplier pre-selection to send vendor from ROS to ECC.

- once vendor is created in ECC, the report BBP_VENDOR_SYNC can be used to replicate vendor from ECC to SRM client.

- question 1 - how does the transfer from ECC back to ROS client work? if i look at sap help link, specifically, what needs to be configured / achieved to perform this step "Data transfer from SAP ERP to supplier self-services / and then generate their user/pass"

- question 2 - if in future, if we want to create an RFx for this supplier, and since bidding is done in SRM server, I assume the vendor will also need logon to SRM client, therefore, they will have 2 logons, 1 for SRM client and 1 for ROS client.  Correct?

- question 3 – vendor number mappings (mapping from ROS vendor to ECC vendor will be known and mapping from ECC vendor to SRM client vendor will be known – I assume that is all that is required?)

process 2 (potential supplier is a bidder):
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm701/helpdata/en/45/efc057348a3112e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

- potential supplier registers in ROS client, fills out questionnaire

- purchaser approves them in supplier pre-selection

- if vendor should not yet be a real vendor, and only bidder, then purchaser will transfer supplier from ROS to SRM client via OPI as a bidder. bidder's contact person (user/pass) will be manually created and send to bidder.

question 4: the help says "An XML message is sent to supplier self-services." what needs to be configured /achieved in order to do this and what does this xml message do? does this trigger the email sent to the supplier with registration#? Is there a way to delay this until the RFx process is complete and the bidder is actually awarded?

- RFx process takes place and bidder is awarded. In order to create a PO, the bidder needs to be converted to a supplier.  Therefore, how should this happen? I see in sap help it says "The supplier data is transferred to the business partner monitor (SRM) and can be transferred from there to the SAP ERP system" –

- question 5 - what needs to be configured / achieved in order to enable this automatic transfer from SRM client to ERP?

- once the vendor is in ECC, the report BBP_VENDOR_SYNC will transfer it back to SRM, and therefore, there will be a duplicate in SRM unless it is linked in SRM before the report runs.

-question 6 - how to avoid duplicates, or how can this process work?

the 2nd process seems quite complicated and there are many points where I see issues.  Perhaps the 1st process should only be used, but that means a bidder will be created in ECC, even if they are not awarded the bid.  Also, they will have a user/pass to ROS even while they are in the bidding process, unless there is a way to delay the communication of their user/pass? 

thoughts? suggestions? perhaps there is a better way to manage the process?

cheers