cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to log off a user manually through sm04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru,

I am unable to log off a user manually through sm04. When he try to login, he is getting stuck and i also try to logoff the user through sm04 and it showing session is still remain. I have check the PID through sm66 and its showing status is running, in time column it showing red marks due to user memory is in prev mode. Please guide me.

Thanks,

Samrat Chakraborty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably this is due to Mutex problem that a mutex for locking roll in and out gets orphaned, which can cause user session remained.

SAP Note #1506554 Roll-in of UID/Mode failed

SAP Note#1440871 Transaction SM04: State has the value 4

I suggest you kill this user from OS level, and maintain your kernel patch at latest release to remove all the known bugs.

Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If the user is struck. You can kill it from OS level.

Please take the process id from SM50 of that application server or from SM66 Login to that particular application server at OS level and use

kill -9 <PID>

Thanks

Arun P

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samtrat,

refer thread [http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1028772]

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly note the process id in Sm66 go to Sm50 select the process,go to Administration Tab and cancel the process.

It will re-creates the new W/P.

And if u r unable to kill the process id through the SM66, Kindly log on in to the Appl.server kill the process at OS level.

With the command "Kill -9 <process id>".

Once u log off the end user kindly tell him wait for some time i.e., around 2Mins. Before that u can check the entire system.

Regards,

Anil