cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"null" cannot be found - broken dependencies - Information Design Tool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I've searched the net for some related questions but found none so I created this thread.

Im currently experiencing some error when I check my universe (unx) created using information design tool.

error message is "null" cannot be found. I cannot export my universe since we are being prompted to fix the broken dependencies first.

any idea on how to go about this?

Cheers!

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I found the below SAP Note. Could you please with this note and let me know if you have the same issue.

1599576 - "Broken dependencies" error during integrity check after renaming data foundation

It would be really helpful if you could be more specific with your workflow

1.Just do a Integrity Check on the unx and see if you get any errors.

2,Right click on Data Foundation and select 'Show Local Dependencies' and go to 'Referenced Versions' and see if it has the correct Data Foundation

Thank you

Hyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diyanath!

Thanks for the response. we have the same issue based on the reproduction steps and the resolution would be testing it in BI 4.0 SP2 however we have the BI 4.0 SP02 already installed on our system.

does SP2 and SP02 the same?

Cheers!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

I renamed the DFX to a new name and resaved it, repointed the BLX. saved and checked integrity. same problem.

Thanks!

John

Edited by: jvmauricio on Feb 21, 2012 3:44 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Yes SP02 and SP2 are the same.

Do you observe the below 2 steps:

Right-click on the business layer and select Show Local Dependencies > Referenced Resources tab.

The old data foundation name is still listed, along with the new one

As a workaround to this problem, you can try recreating the folder structure and then test the issue

According to the Note it should be ideally fixed in SP02.

However, after further researching I found an ADAPT which has a similar workflow and this issue will be fixed in BI4.0 Feature Pack3 i.e. BI4.0 FP3 which is going to be released in end of Q1

Thank you

Hyder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diyanath,

Yes I followed the steps to recreate the error and also found out that the old DFX is still listed.

What do you mean by recreating the folder structure? is that the universe classes and objects?

Also, may I know what is the ADAPT number you are referring? it would be a big help for us to explain to our customer the details of the error we are facing.

we are getting frustrated with this error as some of the universe developers cannot publish a universe. hope SAP would suggest a fix as we cannot wait for FP3 (end of quarter).

appreciate your kind response.

Thanks!

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Please try the below steps for recreating folder structure:

1.If you have a updated local copy of the unx in IDT, open them from local projects then try to create a new project and copy the cns(connection), the data foundation and the business layer from the existing local project to the newly created project and then try to publish the business layer from the newly created project.

2.You can try do the same after retreiving the unx from repositary.

Thank you

Hyder