cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver 7.02 ABAP Trial Version (64 bit) - Installation Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm running into a runtime error during phase 9 of the ABAP trial installation (Create Database Instance). The error message from the logs reads:

An error occurred while processing option <i>SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Error during execution of command identifier 'DB_ADMIN' : <DBMException -24994 ERR_RTE Runtime environment error

20099,'NSP' has stopped unexpectedly, (view 'Application Event Log')>)

Any suggestions on possible solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron,

I faced a similar issue during create database instance for MaxDB.

It was because i had given password with special characters, it will not support.

If this is not the case, please post the logs that we can have a look at it.

Thanks

Jaianandh V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the maxdb related logs in the SAPInst installation directory and also where maxdb has been installed.

Also check if the maxdb service is started properly.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Please see the logs I found from db related logs in the SAPinst Installation Folder.

I'm not sure why the NSP is stopping unexpectedly and throwing the below exceptions. I've tried the sapinst.exe several times now and it's consistently failing at phase 9.

Anything you can provide is much appreciated.

Thu Feb 23 20:19:00 CST 2012 | class com.sap.sdb.sllib.utils.DbCommandForApi | <DBMException -24994 ERR_RTE Runtime environment error

20099,'NSP' has stopped unexpectedly, (view 'Application Event Log')

startup message from kernel:Cannot open event log, RC=1722: The RPC server is unavailable.>

Thu Feb 23 20:19:00 CST 2012 | class com.sap.sdb.sllib.api.exceptions.DatabaseCommandException | com.sap.sdb.sllib.utils.connection.session.DbmJdbcSession.executeCommands(DbmJdbcSession.java:387)

Thu Feb 23 20:19:00 CST 2012 | class com.sap.sdb.sllib.api.exceptions.DatabaseCommandException | com.sap.sdb.sllib.utils.connection.session.DbmJdbcSession.executeCommands(DbmJdbcSession.java:320)

Thu Feb 23 20:19:00 CST 2012 | class com.sap.sdb.sllib.api.exceptions.DatabaseCommandException | com.sap.sdb.sllib.utils.connection.session.DbmJdbcSession.executeWithDbm(DbmJdbcSession.java:280)

Thu Feb 23 20:19:00 CST 2012 | class com.sap.sdb.sllib.api.exceptions.DatabaseCommandException | com.sap.sdb.sllib.utils.DbCommand.executeJdbcDbm(DbCommand.java:730)

Thu Feb 23 20:19:00 CST 2012 | class com.sap.sdb.sllib.api.exceptions.DatabaseCommandException | com.sap.sdb.sllib.utils.DbCommand.runDbAdmin(DbCommand.java:521)

Thu Feb 23 20:19:00 CST 2012 | class com.sap.sdb.sllib.api.exceptions.DatabaseCommandException | com.sap.sdb.sllib.utils.cmd.ident.classes.DB_ADMIN.run(DB_ADMIN.java:21)

Thu Feb 23 20:19:00 CST 2012 | class com.sap.sdb.sllib.api.exceptions.DatabaseCommandException | com.sap.sdb.sllib.utils.DbCommandForApi.runCommand(DbCommandForApi.java:115)

Thu Feb 23 20:19:00 CST 2012 | class com.sap.sdb.sllib.api.exceptions.DatabaseCommandException | com.sap.sdb.core.main.cmd.SdbCmdMain.<init>(SdbCmdMain.java:66)

Thu Feb 23 20:19:00 CST 2012 | class com.sap.sdb.sllib.api.exceptions.DatabaseCommandException | com.sap.sdb.core.main.cmd.SdbCmdMain.main(SdbCmdMain.java:211)

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which OS are you using?

The event log also seems to be unavailable. Check this link:

http://www.bohack.com/2011/02/windows-2008-firewall-and-remote-administration/

Once this is fixed, we should get more details as to why the service NSP stops by checking the windows event log.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I'm running windows 7. I enabled all the RPC rules for the windows event log from the windows firewall advanced security settings but am still unable to view the event log to determine why the NSP is stopping unexpectedly.

The message in the sapinst_dev log file below shows that the event log wasn't opened due to the RPC server being unavailable. Any other suggestions on why this may be happening?

<html> <head> </head> <body> <p> An error occurred while processing option <i>SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Error during execution of command identifier 'DB_ADMIN' : <DBMException -24994 ERR_RTE Runtime environment error

20099,'NSP' has stopped unexpectedly, (view 'Application Event Log')

startup message from kernel:Cannot open event log, RC=1722: The RPC server is unavailable.>)</i>. You can now: </p> <ul> <li> Choose <i>Retry</i> to repeat the current step. </li> <li> Choose <i>Log Files</i> to get more information about the error. </li> <li> Stop the option and continue with it later. </li> </ul> <p> Log files are written to <code>C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/</code>. </p> </body></html>

Also, here is the information from the sapinst_loginquirer file if it helps:

TRACE 2012-02-27 22:25:49.772

SAPInst calls the LogInquirer because of an error in execution of step |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|10|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|SdbPreInstanceDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|SdbInstanceDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|SDB_INSTANCE_CREATE|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|sdb_instance_start.

TRACE 2012-02-27 22:25:49.789

Call block:CallBackInCaseOfAnErrorDuringStepExecution

function:CallTheLogInquirer

is validator: true

WARNING 2012-02-27 22:25:49.791 [iaxxejshlp.cpp:150]

Could not get property IDs of the JavaScript object.

ERROR 2012-02-27 22:25:49.791 [iaxxejsctl.cpp:492]

FJS-00010 Could not get value for property .

TRACE 2012-02-27 22:25:49.822

A problem occurs during execution the inquirer callback. SAPinst will switch back to the standard behaiviour.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you also check in Start -> Run -> service.msc if the following services are running?

DHCP Client

RPC Endpoint Mapper

Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

More exhaustive link here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4494.troubleshooting-the-rpc-server-is-un...

Regards,

Srikishan