cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Sybase with SAP using SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been searching the forum for links / documents for Integrating Sybase with SAP using SAP PI, but there is not much to find

anyone kan suggest links/blogs/documents

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information....

closing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malu Mader,

I am trying for a document for integration of SAP netweaver PI and Sybase unwired platform 2.0. Could you please provide me the documentation for this integration.

Regards,

Surya

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just download JDBC driver for sybase - JConnect

and use it with JDBC adapter - have you tried that ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry, I did not explain it good

what I meant was Sybase Unwired Platform (SUP) to SAp

Is there any documentation for that

Thanks

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you talk about communication between SUP and SAP, it is better to think about SAP NetWeaver Gateway which provides REST based communication capabilities for SAP. Although PI can theoretically communicate with any system, when it comes to SUP based mobile applications, it is logical to use light weight communication medium and therefore NetWeaver Gateway. You may search and find tons of documentation about this product. If you still want to communicate SUP based mobile applications through PI, you may use standard HTTP adapter.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't forget, SUP can communicate with any systems that support web services (SOAP and REST style) as well as RFC and JDBC. So you don't have to use Netweaver Gateway for a light weight connection (and given the extra license cost for Gateway, it's hard it justify it just yet IMHO) as you could just use RFC calls.

More importantly, I really don't think you would want to sit PI between SUP and your SAP systems as you end up with two middleware type systems stacked on top of each other. The synchronisation and replication functions of SUP are built specifically to cope with multiple data source systems and target client devices - I can't help think adding PI into the mix is just adding unnecessary complexity.

Gareth.