cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing error message in job log of infocube loading job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I executed a job which runs a process chain. The process chain has two important steps: It extracts tranaction data from a planning area in an infocube and it loads APO-relevant master data (materials, plants) from R3 system in the same infocube.

Almost every step of this process seems to be executed correctly. The loading process ended successfully. But the spool of the job is a bit confusing:

Loaded CVC's are all listed and appear with a green traffic light. Master data appear with a red traffic light and with the comment: Product xxx does not exist. The same with the location.

Does anybody know why the signals are red in this case.

In APO and R3 all listed master data are available - in the planning area as well as in the infocube after the data loading.

So, I am very confused about this message text in the spool because everything seems to be ok....

Thanks in advance

Best regards

H.Becker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

ok, thanks a lot for your help.

That's exactly what I needed.

Kind regards

Heinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

sorry for my confusing documentation of the problem.

I misunderstood the problem myself.

The main error is as follows and it has nothing to do with the before mentioned process chain and their steps:

The critical step is the execution of the program for release to R3 - /SAPAPO/RELEASE_CUBE_TO_OLTP.

Here I get some error message that some products and locations are not existing in APO. CVC's of this products and locations are planned but the master data are not in APO.

Then, this error message is essential. It seems that the CVC's of this products were maintained manually.

Does anybody know if there is a possibility to have a check, immediately after the manual creation of a CVC, whether necessary master data of this CVC are in APO or not?

Otherwise, I can create a CVC and afterwards I get the error message that the master data are not existing for this CVC's - I want to avoid this error message in advance.

Thanks for your support!

Kind regards

Heinz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heinz,

If you are using 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO, ('Product' and 'Location'), it's easy. /SAPAPO/MC62 > 'check master data'. This checks the entries against the /SAPAPO/MAT1 entries. Better still, use the F4 help to enter the Product and Location in //MC62.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It's quite easy, when you create single CVC or CVC list in /sapapo/mc62, there's an option "Check SCM master data".

You may need to always tick this option when you create new CVCs. You can refer to the help for further information.

In case that you do not use standard 9AMATNR and 9ALOCNO, as long as you set the loction product assignment in your POS, you can still use this option.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is a normal infopackage which selects plants and material as data via a datasource. Source system is R3. Data character is master data. Data target is an infocube. I think that this is the relevant steps in the process chain which are available for the red lights in the job log.

Hope, this gives a bit more input.

Kind regards

Heinz

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Heinz,

First of all, we need to be sure regarding which step the particular log correspoinds to.

You mentioned that your process chain has 2 steps.

Do you know how to look at the logs for a particular step of a process chain?

Go to RSPC, double click on your process chain, and then click the log button at the top?

You would now be in the log view. Then double-click on the step no.1, and see the information contained in the central tab named "backg". Does this contain the errors corresponding to you reds (that location or product does not exist)?

If not, repeat the same step for step 2.

Once you are sure regarding the step against which you are getting your error, please share soe more info regarding the step.

Then we could look further into the possible cause.

PS: Your first message itself was very confusing. You mentioned that you get transaction data from planning area to the cube, and you also get CVCs (location/products) from R/3 source system to the cube. This is very confusing.

Thanks - Pawan

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Heinz,

Your issue is not clear.

Could you please specify the respective programs that are used in the 2 steps of the process chain? Or if you use standard APO steps in the process chain, could you specify what is the text you see in the step e.g. SNP Optimization run (or something like that).

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is a DP planning area. The job is a data load via infopackage. It is a APO job (an infopackage) which loads master data (plants and materials) to APO.

All required master data are already available in APO (in the well-known mentioned APO transactions). Normally, I should not be worry about this issue.

But I am confused about the red lights in the spool of the job log. Red lights are only for the master data (location, product), although they are already available in the APO master data transactions.

Thanks again and kind regards

Heinz

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not quite sure what job is "loads APO-relevant master data (materials, plants) from R3 system in the same infocube".

How did you define the job? Is it in APO or R/3? Is it a DP/SNP job, or for other application or program?

And is the planning area a DP or SNP planning area?

You mentioned that you already have the master data in infocube and planning area, but do you already have them in your APO system, like in /sapapo/mat1 for products and /sapapo/loc3 for plants?

Best Regards,

Ada