Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRM in AC 10 : Role Status "Development" ,"Testing" ,"Production"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am back with my queries once again !!

We have implemented BRM functionality in AC 10.0 and it is working fine.

But i have confusion with Role Status during "creation" / " modification" of roles.

We have set our ERP development system as place where roles will get created , hence when we go thru various stages

e.g. Define role, Assign Authorizations , it is asking for Role status as "Development" , "testing" , "Production".

Since we are developing a new role should we set it to "Development" ??

Further on it also asks for "Provisioning" status for each System as "Yes/No".

My confusion is how should we use this BRM for new roles.

E.g.) A request for new role comes up , and then using BRM i create one get the approval done and the role is generated in ERP development system(Backend) for which Role Status is "Development" and provisioning status for all the system is set to "No" except the ERP development itself.

Now the role is transported to "ERP QA" system , so again i have to go to "BRM and change the Role Status to "testing" and get the approval process done and now include the role for provisioning "ERP DEV & QA" ??

After the testing is successful in ERP QA, that the role meets our requirements , i should again change the status of role to "Production" and again get the approval process done ??

Please correct me if i am understanding this functionality wrong ??

I would like to know on what basis should we set the roles status as "development" , "Testing" & "Production" ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Have you ever tried to set multiple connectors for role generation instead of role transport?

I did so and now my doubt is how to control that Security Admin won't set the role status to PRD and though bypass user testing.

I tried with a trace and unfortunately changing role status doesn't have an authority check.

I could set an approval workflow for the user after testing, but this would be difficult to maintain.

What it would be perfect is to develop a user exit for the role status field.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!

Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Victor, we have recently starting using GRC and trying to get a grip on certain things. We have a ERP DEV, QAS and PRD. We also have a GCP, GCQ and GCP. Now we have changes to do in some Business Roles and trying to figure out where it should be initiated.

When you said, "A request for new role comes up , and then using BRM i create one.." is this in GRC Production System or GRC Development system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been told that the best practice recommended by SAP is to build the roles from the GRC Prod system against the target Dev system, and then transport the role as per normal.

Does anyone else agree with this?! If so, why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I was wondering if you have any answer on your question?
and if so,

where do u see it in the role screen?

Best Regards

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

This query was posted almost a year ago  🙂 and I do have an answer to the question as well since the Project already went live 7 months back.

So the status is seen under "Role Status" --> PRD/QA/Dev (This can be modified from SPRO).

e.g) In my case i kept only DEV & PRD.

So that when role was created and sent for approval it would be DEV & once when approved , just before generating the role , we would change the status to PRD and run the SYNC job so that it is reflected in CUP request.

If you have any queries do let me know.

Regards,

Victor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

thanks for your help

when i go into the application-> in the maintain role (create role)

I cant find the Role status field. all through the process there is no such field,

please correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Role Status field path is: Define Role - Additional Details -> Provisioning. Role Status: Dev/Prod/Test

Best regards,

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thank you !

you are correct

Regards

Michal