cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backout pland oracle database degrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Expert,

We completed our Mock 1 upgrade with oracle 11g upgrade (11.2.0.2).For Backup we have used RMAN backup during our Mock 1 upgrade.

Now we will be doing Mock 2 upgrade and our requirement is to bring the same Mock 1 system to the old version of SAP and even here we will have to degrade the database back to 10.2.0.4.Here we would like to test it before hitting production.

Our system details is as follows

OS-AIX 5.3

Old SAP Components - R/3 4.7, CRM 4.0 and BW 3.5

DB- oracle 10.2.0.4

Can you guys please help me for doing this.

Regards,

Anil Shenoy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Now we will be doing Mock 2 upgrade and our requirement is to bring the same Mock 1 system to the old version of SAP and even here we will have to degrade the database back to 10.2.0.4.Here we would like to test it before hitting production.

Hi Anil,

Why are you trying to bring back the mock 1 system to old version of SAP ?

I would suggest to wipe out the current upgraded version and do another system copy to create a new Mock 2 server.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DatabaseSAP and others,

Thanks for your reply

The reason why we want to bring the mock 1 back to old version is because we need to test the Backout Plan before we hit production system.

Our intention is to bring back mock 1 to old version and downgrade the database to 10.2.0.4.

Regards,

Anil Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I don't think whether we can brink back the SAP versions like this except the backup restore/system copy procedure.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DatabaseSAP and others,

Thanks for your reply

Yes..we will be taking the backup of the Production System and will be doing an restore in Mock 1 system.

But my question is i would like to know the detail procedure of bringing the Mock 1 system to old vesrion and also the detail steps for downgrade of Database from 11.2.0.2 to 10.2.0.4.

Regards,

Anil Shenoy

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not possible to "downgrade" when utilizing the upgrade procedure provided by SAP.

The SAP procedure sets the DB parameter "compatible" automaticly to the new version, and once this is done,

no way to downgrade any more. You can only restore an earlier Version then.

If it is crucial for you to be able to "downgrade", you can not use the SAP procedure and need to go

by the original ORACLE procedure, which is where you find the information on how to downgrade again.

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Expert,

Is there any Standard document for oracle downgrade from 11g (11.2.0.2) to 10g(10.2.0.4).

Regards,

Anil Shenoy

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Oracle Guides.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10819/toc.htm

Section 6 is about downgrading.

Volker

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member