cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Actions not loading PDF Document. Typing manually but it doesn't help.

Firoz_Ashraf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running MII 12.2 with SP 3 on Netweaver 7.3 SP 5 and have uploaded PDF actions.

The problem that we are facing are:

When creating a transaction using PDF actions like 'PDF Image' or 'PDF Text' then on the configuration pop up window of this action, there is an unusual icon (triangular, warning icon).

The second problem is that when we click the button for possible values of 'PDF Document' then no pop up window comes up. We have to enter the name of the 'PDF Document' manually.

When we run the transaction we are getting the following error messages.

[INFO] Started Execution: '02/18/2012 16:52:35' 
[ERROR] The document has been closed. You can't add any Elements.
[WARN] [PDF_Text_0] Skipping execution of output links due to action failure.
[ERROR] Uncaught exception from PDF_Text_0,
[INFO] Transaction Completed '02/18/2012 16:52:35'
[INFO] Statistics [Load = 9 ms msec, Parse = 10 ms, Execution = 75 ms, Total = 87 ms]

Regards,

Firoz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Firoz,

Just a small confirmation, have you uploaded iText.jar and iTextAsian.jar along with the pdf action jar file?

Regards,

Anuj

Former Member
0 Kudos

We uploaded those files as specified in this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2136305, but I still get the following errors when I execute my pdf BLS

• [ERROR] The document has been closed. You can't add any Elements.
  • [ERROR] com/sap/xmii/xacute/expressioneval/ExpressionEvalUtilities
suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Firoz,

With respect to the 1st question regarding the 'unusual icon', it is just a tool tip to say it is a java applet window.

Please find the explanation here [Java Window|http://java.com/en/download/faq/appletborder.xml].

I could not replicate the second issue. I hope before adding the 'PDF Text' and 'PDF Image' acions you would have started with the 'PDF Document' action block, because these action blocks are those that appear in the drop-down box labeled 'PDF Document' inside the PDF Text and PDF Image action blocks.

Thanks,

Suhas

Firoz_Ashraf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

The second issue is the main worry.

yes, we are using 'PDF Document' action block as the first action and then 'PDF Text' and 'PDF Image' follows.

Still we are getting the mentioned errors.

Firoz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Firoz,

Our company is currently in the process of upgrading to MII 12.2 and I am experiencing the same problem as you described in your 2nd problem. We are unable to generate PDF's. When I run my BLS i get the following errors.

• [ERROR] The document has been closed. You can't add any Elements.
  • [ERROR] com/sap/xmii/xacute/expressioneval/ExpressionEvalUtilities

I was wondering if you were able to resolve this issue? If you were able to could you please tell me the steps you took? Thanks in advance.

Lucas