cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Tab Page in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I just read this post http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1646098 which is closed that's why I'm opening a new thread.

I use the feature to add Additional Tab using custom component because I need drop down list, alv and input field some in my CI include some in a specific table.

Therefore, I created the class according to the documentation for the non CI fields and it's working fine. But as the thread mentioned at first, I got the same problem and can't figure out how to save automatically CI fields into database.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same question.

SAP says :

• If the customer-defined data is stored as fields in the relevant CI structure of the object, the data is updated automatically. SAP recommends this procedure.

What I don't get is how this automatic update works for custom WDA component? How component fields are mapped to CI fields?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

If you are using a custom dynpro, CI fileds are not saved automatically.

Like the additional custom fields, have you updated the project element data (with method set_data_ext for instance) before save?

BR

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't use the save_data_ext method, I just follow the badi help :-). I'm quite new to this module.

What's the logic flow ?

- getting object

- call get_data_ext

- fill the CI fields in the structure

- call set_data_ext

?

Do I need to add some code in the different method of my component controller (on_after_save, on_cleanup, etc.) ? or if I just use the set_data_ext every time my CHANGE event is fired it's enough ?

Thanks for ur time!

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I found a way to make things work.

in method ON_REPORT_CHANGES I call the get_data_ext, get data from my node and then call set_data_ext. But I specify on each object to call change method is there a way to do that at the change of tab ?

It's not very dynamic though, because I add a case/when on the node_name because I manage DPO, CTO and ITO object.

Anyway, I'm good now to continue If you have a better way to do things let me know

Regards,

Kevin