NWP 7.3 other browser support (google chrome)

Hi to the SAP Portal Community,

Is there any method to support other browsers (specifically Google Chrome) in NWP 7.3 (SP03) similar to what is described in SAP Note 1666862 for NWP 7.0 ?

I understand that Google Chrome is not yet supported for NWP 7.3, however we have an external facing portal and cannot control the user agent for google chrome for the general public.

I tried to access the Portal Service component in NWP7.3 via NWA but i do not see the parameter "Allow Other Browsers" defined.

If not is there a way to customise the error message for the exact error: "Could not open iView. The iView is not compatible with your browser, operating system, or device. Contact your system administrator for more information."

Similar to "How To Apply a Custom Error Page for the "Bad User Agent" Error Message"

I am looking for a way in either finding a setting to enable other browsers, or dicplaying a custm message for this error to

instruct the user on how to change the user agent when using Google Chrome / any other browser.

amit chawathe

Solution of NWP 7.0: Configuration:

Login to the portal with supper admin user. Navigate to "System

Configuration". Select "Service Configuration" in DTN. Open "Applications"

and navigate to "com.sap.portal.useragent" -> Services. Select

"allowotherbrowsers" service and open (configure) it. By default for

NetWeaver 7.00 and 7.01 portals the property "Allow other browsers" set to

"true", for NetWeaver 7.02 the property set to "false". In order to allow

other browsers to acces the portal this property should be set to "true".

After saving the new value restart the

"com.sap.portal.useragent|allowotherbrowsers" service (right click on

"com.sap.portal.useragent" and select "Administrate"). Log off the portal.

Try to access portal with browser different than supported by the default,

for example Google Chrome.

I confirm that the OSS note 1666862 will allow you to get access to the Portal 7.3

There is now a patch available for SP07, but the solution provided is incomplete

You need to patch the EP RUNTIME component (as described in the OSS note) and also the PORTAL BASIS component (this part is not described in the OSS note), otherwhise it will not work

Also be sure that the supported user agents of the iViews you are using (check the iViews properties) is set up accordingly:

(MSIE, >=5.5, *) (Netscape, *, *) (Mozilla,*,*) (Safari, >=3.1, *) (Chrome,*,*)

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer