cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Resource minimum capacity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have a situation where for a few resources in APO, a minimum 60% capacity must and should be utilized always..

How to configure this, could you please help..

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to do it with SNP then you should be able to achieve this with SNP capacity levelling (backward), by developing a custom badi method for it.

Another option could be a macro that you execute after heuristics, which increases the planned production if capacity is below 60%.

One challenge could be to indicate which product should be produced using the excess capacity, but that may be managed with a masterdata field.

let me know if this helps,

Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes SNP optimizer will have this functionality.

CTM has Plan Minimum Receipts Quantity: but not for capacity.

Ken

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

I published this article about the subject.

[How to force 100% Resource Utilization in SAP APO Supply Network Planning Optimization-Based Planning|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d07c49b1-ae40-2d10-b0b2-baf073aee7f3]

Edited by: Frank Horlacher on Feb 23, 2012 9:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank - Thanks for a great article! Is this feature of minimum resource consumption also possible with storage resources in deployment optimizer? Based on what I read on help docs, it looks like this is only supported for Production Resources and not Storage resources for deployment optimization

Varun

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The functionality you are requesting is possible with the SNP optimizer:

The minimum, the normal and the maximum resource consumption are

realized as capacity variants of a resource.

in the resource master you can define costs for falling below minimum capacity.

the optimizer will then load the resource even if there is no demand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frank,

Thank you. in my situation in SNP i always have to see to it that the resource if filled at least a 60% of its capacity.

How to achieve this.

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know such functionality yet as to my knowledge ...

SNP planning is alwasy trying to cover the quantity shortage first, then check the resource utilization. It could balance the resource consumption if it is overloaded, but no guarantee at least how much of the resource is utilized.

Do you mean you want the resource to be utilized even though you'll have to create superflours stock? That's not the way SNP plans, since SNP will try to cover the supply shortage but keep the stock on hand as low as possible. So...

Hope you can have some luck from other's answer.

Best Regards,

Ada

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know, no SNP method (Heurisics/Optimizer or CTM) can satisfy this need.

You might try posting in PPDS forum, and see if this is possible in PPDS. Then you could plan the relevant products in PPDS.

Thanks - Pawan