cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Outlier Correction not working.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Friends,

We are using SCM 7.0, Following are setting in our forecast profile.

History Horizon : 24 Month

Forecast Horizon : 18 Month

Forecast Strategy : 56 (Forecast with Automatic Model Selection 2)

Automatic Outlier Correction : Ex-post Method

Sigma Value : 0.60

Life Cycle Planning : Active

For many of the Products, Sales History contains Outliers with sudden picks and lows. However even if Outlier Exist, When Stat Fcsting is run it says - u201COutlier correction performed; no outliers existu201D. This happens when run interactively or in background.

Please share inputs based on your experience.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

Another question related to Stat Forecasting, I understand forecast settings which are done in the Planning Area(MSDP_ADMIN) are OPTIONAL.

Assignment of Keyfigures in Forecast Settings is used to if you want to save the results of the statistical forecasting, then accordingly key figures have to be assigned to the planning area for - Forecast KF, Corrected Hist, Corrected Fcst, Expost Fcst, Expost MLR etc.

We have NOT done these settings because we do not save the results of the the statistical forecasting.

Please confirm Is my understanding correct? And inform if there are any mandatory settings required to be done in in the Planning Area for Auto-Outlier Correction to work during Stat Forecasting?

Awaiting any inputs/comments.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Even though you have not assigned any keyfigure for Ex-post forecast in Planning area settings when you execute forecast interactively, there will be Ex-post forecast keyfigure in the forecast screen which gives details about ex-post values. The outliers should be detected and corrected. For me this is happening in my system i.e., no ex-post keyfigure assigned in my planning area but after executing forecast outliers are corrected.

There was a bug in SCM 7.0 system, this is corrected by the notes 1629741 and 1670740. I request you to implement these and re-test your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Nithin.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, Thanks for you confirming about Forecast Setting for Keyfigure Assignment.

I have already requested to implemente both these notes to see if the issue gets resolved.

Note 1629741 - Outlier correction does not find outliers

Note 1670740 - Outlier correction only finds outliers for Automodel.

Will post you the updates after my testing of SAP Notes.

Thank you,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satish,

Please let me know the results after you implement them.

Best Regards,

Nithin.

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Firstly Thanks for the help. I am glad to inform you the Automatic Outlier Correction are working now.

We implemented Notes 1629741 and 1670740. When Stat Forecasting is run, Automatic Outlier Correction has worked fine.

Earlier we used to receive the message as : u201COutlier correction performed; no outliers existu201D, but now after it is fixed the message seen as : u201COutlier correction performed; 4 outlier(s) correctedu201D

We are on SCM Version : EHP2 FOR SAP SCM 7.0.

Sharing above information for others benefits.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare