Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change of material charecteristics in WBS BOM

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any possibility to change material properties in WBS BOM without affecting the original set up in material master.

The scenario I am working is for a manufacturing industry. Their product is fixed and work on MTO scenario. The BOM for the project can be freezed up to 90% and balance are project specific items. Client freezes the specification and requirement of this project specific items before MRP stage. But due to project specific changes, inspection characteristics vary and so the not able to standardize material on SFG stage.(requirement varies from customer to customer)

will the WBS BOM concept help. and is it possible to change these inspection charecteristics as per project requirement in WBS BOM without affecting the SFG Materials. PL support on this issue. Thanks.

Regards,

Maruti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read SAP help on Variant Configuration for Configurable Materials. May be it is useful for you.

former_member513364
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Abdul, Thanks.

But still even with ariant config, all the probable charecters are to be freezed in the initial stage of Material Master, BUt my client requirement is it mostly gets freezed while getting the order from his customer.

Only for this reason I am looking for the possibility of WBS BOM concept.

Pl guide.

Any one can throw light on this issue. Thanks.