cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Vendor Internal Category?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I feel stupid for asking, but I can't figure this out:

I need to access the FCI_MAS_VEN_INTERNAL_CAT table via the IAPI. I realize that I need to use the VenInternalCatIBeanIfc interface, but I can't figure out how to get the IBeanHome. My presumption was that I needed to use getIBeanHomeIfc() function, but I cannot get it to work.

Please help.

(to provide some context, what I'm trying to do is default the suppliers on a Project based on the internal categories selected by the user).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you trying to get a list of all the vendors and then compare internal category of each of those with the category entered by user to find a match?

Regards

Mudit Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mudit,

The approach I'm currently exploring (but can't get to work) is:

1) get the internal category

2) do a lookup on FCI_MAS_VEN_INTERNAL_CAT and find matching vendors

3) add vendors to Project

I'm stuck at #2 as I can't obtain the home for VenInternalCatIBeanIfc. Are you suggesting that I go top-down (i.e. iterate through each vendor and then obtain the corresponding internal categories)?

Thanks for your assistance,

Shanker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar

Using VenInternalCatIBeanIfc. to get directly to an instance of FCI_MAS_VEN_INTERNAL_CAT would not work as vendor internal category is not an independent data object. U may try with IapiDbHandleIfc to execute isolated sql queries but I am doubtful that would give you the desired results.

Like you said, iterating through each vendor and then obtaining the corresponding internal categories seems to be the only possible approach but I must warn you that the script effeciency would be severly impacted by volume of vendors.

Regards

Mudit Saini

Answers (0)