cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPinst problem while exporting JAVA DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

When using SAPinst to export my JAVA source system, the screen that gives you the option to use DBtools or SAPtools doesn't come up anymore. When I initially exported I selected DBtools by mistake. This is a homogenous system copy of NW 7.01 EHP1.

Why am I not able to use the SAPtools option? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What OS and DB?

My two cents here

Are you running this on DB server? If you have separate Database server, make sure you run the SAPInst from that server.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Ramesh

www.rajamohan.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Windows/Oracle. Yes I am running SAPinst on the CI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jayson,

When exporting the Java you should get DBtools but not SAPTools. SAPTools is the tool you use to export the Java like SAPInst ...

When exporting the Java use SYSTEM COPY --> ORACLE --> SOURCE SYSTEM EXPORT --> CENTRAL SYSTEM --> DATABASE and Central Instance OR try to use SYSTEM COPY --> ORACLE --> SOURCE SYSTEM EXPORT -->Distributed System --> Central Instance export ---> I am sure you will get DBSpecific tools. Since, your are in EHP1 most of the configuration comes with DB copy.

Thanks,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved. The problem was due to the fact that the hostname had been changed after the initial export for domain reasons. after putting back the original hostname, the options became available in SAPinst.