cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Directory CleanUp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We see our file system /sapmnt/ED0/ is 96% full, I checked that maximum space is occupied by global directory:

It contains following directories :

1 JOBLG

122131 000JOBLG

791 020BDCLG

2663484 020JOBLG

0 020TEST0

0 022JOBLG

68114 050BDCLG

510 050JOBLG

121752 051BDCLG

1435 051JOBLG

and Several WF_* files.

I checked we are running a program RSTS0043 ( job SAP_REORG_ORPHANED_TEMSE_FILES ) to delete all job and spool logs from global directory.

But this job is not deleting any file and it gives below message in the job log:

Check path /usr/sap/ED0/SYS/global/020SPOOL

DIR_READ_START SY-SUBRC / ERRNO = 1 / 2 opendir: No such file or directory

Check path /usr/sap/ED0/SYS/global/020JOBLG

. <- is a directory

.. <- is a directory

So It looks like job is trying to find out files with name 020JOBLG in global directory but we have directory with name 020JOBLG under which several files are available.

So please suggest what could be done to clean the global directory and what all contents I can delete from it.

Do we have any wrong setup in our landscape which is causing job not to delete any entry.

Please suggest.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivam,

You can check if you can delete some files under /sapmnt/SID.

Usually when ever a kernel upgrade is performed a backup of the current exe is always taken at /sapmnt/SID.

If you have a backup of exe lying under /sapmnt/SID you can get rid of it.

If you are not sure about deleting anything work with your OS guy and get some space added to the file system.

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check below notes. second one is more relevant.

16513 - File system is full what do i do

18307 Batch input logs and reorganization

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

RSBTCDEL / RSBTCDEL2 for deleting joblogs. Watch it, some of the standard variants do not delete enough files,

so you might need to create your own variants.

RSBDCREO runs only client dependent, ao it needs to be set up in each client running batch-input.

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need SAP_REORG_JOBS see note [16083 - Standard jobs, reorganization jobs|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/16083]

Cheers Michael