cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Changes not reflected in server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Sometimes, It happens after transporting request with RC0, we are not able to see changes in system

we have to log out from the system, then after log in we are able to see changes.

Could anyone tell why it's happening

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes, It happens after transporting request with RC0, we are not able to see changes in system

we have to log out from the system, then after log in we are able to see changes.

from above situation, do you mean to say that after importing a transport request, you can't be able to see the changes till you logoff the SAP screen.

Please let me know if my understanding is correct.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkata,

You are right...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logging off the user session won't impact the changes in the database objects. May be the issue lies with your frontend.

Please update your frontend GUI to latest one.

Also please check the entry of the TR in E070 table and the version management of the objects involved in change.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> Logging off the user session won't impact the changes in the database objects. May be the issue lies with your frontend.

> Please update your frontend GUI to latest one.

>

> Also please check the entry of the TR in E070 table and the version management of the objects involved in change.

>

> Regards,

> Venkata S Pagolu

Dear venkata,

1. how to check the entry of the TR in E070 table , means what should i analyse from this table.

2. how to do version management of the objects , From where and what should i notice in version management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkata,

Do you agree with Manuel Suarez ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkata,

>

>

> Do you agree with Manuel Suarez ???

Hi,

Please reply???/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Check your buffers as mentioned by Manuel.

Regards,

Srihari

Edited by: Srihari Rao on Feb 27, 2012 4:09 PM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

manuel_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

As per your description of the incidence, it sems that there is a synchronization problem.

As mentioned in [SAP Note 36283|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/36283|Link to SAP Note 36283]:

Buffer synchronization makes sure that application servers are informed

about changes to buffered tables or other buffered objects that were

made on other application servers or using transport tools.

Therefore buffer synchronization is carried out at a delay. The period is controlled

using profile parameter rdisp/bufreftime. For performance reasons, the value

should never be set to less than 60 seconds.

Please check the value of parameter rdisp/bufreftime in your system. Its default value is 120, and it should not be set to a value lower than 60. So if you have a rdisp/bufreftime parameter with a value between 60 and 120 we can consider that it is okay.

In addition, and as mentioned in [SAP Note 106764|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/106764|Link to SAP Note 106764]:

the synchronization is controlled by three software parts: tp, R3trans and SAP system

Therefore, updating the TP and R3trans might help (if any bug related to synchronization has been detected in an old version of TP or R3trans, a fix has been delivered in newer version). You will find the latest version of TP and R3trans programs in the [SAP Service Marketplace|http://service.sap.com/patches].

Regarding the SAP System, there is a parameter that must be set correctly to avoid synchronization problems. The parameter is called rdisp/bufrefmode and its value depends on whether you have a central system (only one instance) or a system with several application servers:

- Central system (only one application server):

rdisp/bufrefmode = sendoff,exeauto

- A system with several application servers:

rdisp/bufrefmode = sendon,exeauto

In [SAP Note 14754|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/14754|Link to SAP Note 14754] you will find further information about rdisp/bufrefmode and rdisp/bufreftime parameters.

If the value of those parameters are correct and the incidence persists, you can use program RSDBBUFF mentioned in [SAP Note 36283|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/36283|Link to SAP Note 36283], it will help you to analyse buffer shyncronization problems.

Best regards,

Manuel Suarez.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel,

How can i check version & updating details of Tp and R3 trans...... I mean to say what commands or T-codes should be execute for checking version

manuel_suarez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

To find out your current version of TP and R3trans you can execute the following command at operating system level:

TP -v

R3trans -v

In the output of the command you will find the version and patch number.

In the SAP Service Marketplace you will find the latest version of TP and R3trans here:

http://service.sap.com/patches --> Browse our Download Catalog --> Additional Components --> SAP Kernel --> <choose your version: 32 or 64 bit and Unicode or non-Unicode> --> <choose your kernel release> --> <choose your operating system> --> #Database independent

here you will find the latest TP and R3trans. If you click in the Info link you will find the version and patch number.

Best regards,

Manuel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check your recording option at tcode scc4

whether it is CHANGE WITH AUTOMETIC RECORDING or not if not the choose this option ,if yes then reimport it.

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Venkata S Pagolu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Option " Automatic recording of changes" is already checked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit,

Looks like your database commit is not happening as quickly as it suppose to be. What DB and version you are using? DId you tuned DB parameters?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumit,

>

> Looks like your database commit is not happening as quickly as it suppose to be. What DB and version you are using? DId you tuned DB parameters?

Hi,

oracle 10g

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sumit,

You will have to help yourself only. Nobody will spoon-feed you.

My suggestions:

1. Use overwrite option while import.

2. SE16 -> E070 -> check imported request number is available or not.

2. Check if the changes are reflecting in other test system (Quality) also.

Please search SDN and google as much as possible. All answers to your problem is given.

Regards,

SG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apply the parameter for oracle as per below note, I am sure you will get better performance in DB.

Note 830576 - Parameter recommendations for Oracle 10g

Also, in STMS, open the SYSTEM under SYSTEM OVERVIEW and Add the parameter called PARALLEL (It will not be available in the F4 selection, but its ok just add it and value as 3). It will improve your TP performance .

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer SAP Note # 967155

Regards,

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls refer SAP Note # 967155

Regards,