cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro ALV vs. Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can u please describe the main differences between Web Dynpro ALV and Web Dynpro Table ?

When do I choose which component for my applications ?

Thanks in adavance

Best regards

hermannh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table UI Element can be used for simple purposes where data is less and what you are doing with the data is less. For example, when you to list fewer things, use it.

ALV is a separate component, its having lots of functionalities, it can calculate totals and subtotals on its own, which in the case of table ui we have to write the code. With ALV, you can download the data as Excel or other formats which is done automatically. It can handle large amount of data better.

Regards,

Fareez

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP List Viewer (ALV) is a tool which is used to display lists and tabular structures and provides a lot of flexibilty for report generation.

Flexible in the sense , it has a lot of inbuilt functionalities which are used in general in a reporting and thus helps in reducing a large amount of coding.

for eg: <code> CALL METHOD alv_grid->set_table_for_first_display

EXPORTING

I_STRUCTURE_NAME = 'YCLII_CUST_STRU'

CHANGING

it_outtab = CUST_TAB

<code>

The above method is used for table generation. Mny more funtionalities such as sorting and re-arranging of result output is also available.

for further info check this link.

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/what-is-alv-programming.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/f0b107e4-dc72-2c10-08a7-b822c9abf0e2

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your answers !

Best regards,

hermannh

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The common desired features of any report in an application are column alignmen, sorting, filtering, subtotals, totals etc.

To implement these from scratch , a lot of coding effort is to be done when you use table.

.So to avoid that we can use ALV.