cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to HTTP Scenario, Dynamic URL .... Limitation with 200 Character...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am doing an RFC to HTTP Scenario. In which the Target URL is Dynamic and i am passing some values from the input payload.

The Problem is the Target URL length is around "487" character and the Dynamic configuration property allow to pass an maximum if 200 character to "Target URL".

How to solve this ...Any way to achive this...

Regards,

Jude

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Problem is the Target URL length is around "487" character and the Dynamic configuration property allow to pass an maximum if 200 character to "Target URL".

You can check Michal's reply in this thread, http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=7767169#7767169. There is no official statement from SAP that they will change it.

What you can do is to use a third-party tool to shorten the URL e.g bit.ly I am unsure though of licensing reasons. Or an alternative is to place the parameters in the HTTP Body, in that way, you can place as much parameters as you like.

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

Is it possible in your scenario to switch from HTTP GET with dynamic URL to HTTP GET and sending the message contents as the HTTP request instead of the URL parameters? I think this will be the recommended solution.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to this Dynamic URL , Can you please throw more light on this...

Regards,

Jude