cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Based Milestones Feasibility in PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need to know if there is any way to define Milestones on NWP/Activity based on value rather then percentage??

Thanks in advance.

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not think it is possible.

It should have been better if you explain your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for the response.

Requirement is that i want to set milestones for Invoicing of Customer Project, based on Value and doint want to mentipon % of value to be billed. Is this possible??

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternatively, you can use the milestones in project and copy to sales order without % maintained. Input the values directly in the sales order billing plan via VA02 for each milestone and bill it later.

Regards,

Kabir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think it would be possible to maintain milestones based on values. Moreover, i believe that milestones are usually defined in agreement with the customer wherein both parties agree to invoice a certain percentage of the total sales value upon completion of specified amount of work/reaching the milestone.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it is possible to have agreed billing either %age or value basis with Customer for supply of materials. Value based billing plans are planned by Customer to know what is the value being paid to each item supplied by vendors. this is not an unusual and common practice in industry.

You can define your usage either %age or Value. Config your stdanrd milestone Usage(Value) and date category (progress billing -Value). For example, Z1 for %age and Z2 for Value.

Please define Milestone Usage and assign them in standard templates. I

f already project was created using %age milestone usage, then change the Usage on milestone overview screen in project builder and copy the billing milestones to Sales Order. The only thing is you have to input values manually.

Regards,

PSR

Edited by: PSR on Feb 20, 2012 5:05 PM

Edited by: PSR on Feb 20, 2012 5:08 PM