cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration (material)

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello I am working on variant configuration (material) and I want to create a character (for ex length of rod), value of this character is to be entered manually in the sales order how can I do that?

While creating the character I used numeric format and did the setting but in Sales order I am not able to input a numerical value for the character value

Any help will be really appreciated

Regards

Naveen Kaluti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check whether you have created Characterstics correctly and assigned the correct class.

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

got it working, i had to select multiple values but now the problem is I can enter the length but no pricing is carried for that value (character value). I have maintained condition record for it

Regards

Naveen K

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check in the pricing calculation whether the condition type is fetching the value entered in the varaint. Length.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you have

- Dependencies for the all characteristics

- condition type VA00 maintain for the desired variant (VARCOND, which you might have maintain in Dependencies for characteristics ).

So, when your are creating sales order, then you need to call the variant and select the desired variant.

To do that in sales order click on Item Detail: Configuration (bottom of sales order right most button).

By clicking on that button you will get pop screen to enter the variant.

Try that and share your feedback.

Regards

JP

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am able to get create a sales order with normal variant but problem arises when the length should be entered by customer n absed on that length pricing should occur

for that in character i have selected numerical format and have give the range as 10 - 100 mm (ex)

the pop up box which appers will not have a option to select from it wil just show the range and he has to enter the lenght which he wants, even this part is working but the price is not getting calculated for this length.

in config profile we create condition for each value of the character right. but if i have selected numerical format i am not able to create a condition for it

regards

naveen k

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether you have configuration profile for material in TCode CU43.

And further check the class assignement for the material.

I believe you need to have Pricing related dependency for using variant pricing functionality.

Refer 2 of the following links for your understanding/reference:

- [ Variant Config & Pricing |http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sd/steps-for-variant-configuration-and-pricing.htm]

- [ SAP help on Creating a Variant Condition for Pricing |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dbm700/helpdata/en/d1/4ecc3aa839b11be10000000a11402f/content.htm]

Regards

JP

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hello i tried it all but its not working for me.

what i have done

1) created character CYCLETYRES1,SYSTEM1,CYCLEMODEL1 and CYCLELENGHT

Data type for CYCLETYRES1 is character format

Data type for SYSTEM1 is character format

Data type for CYCLEMODEL1 is character format

Data type for CYCLELENGHT is numeric format

my requirement

I am able to create condition records for all the character format but not for numeric format. as i need to maintain condtion records for it

why i have taken numeric format- the lenght of the product will be provided by customer and i am just providing the length

regards

naveen