cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New in DMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i know nothing about DMS but i would love to learn about the topic. I tried to find really hard in the web for free material that could help to start with the topic and even learn more than the basics. But i failed, all i could find is a book in amazon about DMS, but it isnt an online ver ><.

So i was wondering if by any chance any of the DMS experts here could lend me a web or place to find info about DMS, any material is really appreciaated.

P.D: i tried sap help but i was hoping for a easier material to learn about the topic

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tips!! i didnt have idea such thing as DMS exist till yesterday cause one project at work asked for it, and since none of my team knew anything about the topic we got not choice but to reject the project >< so now i wanna learn about it so next time the same doesnt happen.

We were even wondering if one module of SAP like SD, FI, CO, MM, etc was supposed to be in charge of DMS XD

THANKS again

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

First of all are you new to SAP or New to SAP DMS?

If New to SAP Then follow the procedure.

1. Get an overview of SAP DMS. There are lot of ppt and info available on net and [www.SAP.com] and [www. service.sap.com .

for [www. service.sap.com ] you need user id and password. Hope you have this if you are part of project team.

2. Once you understand the concept, there would be Some training materials available from net or from your own collegues or friends. Practise all the exercises in the training materail. This will get you more idea on SAP DMS.

3. Once you are famaliar with the functionalities of SAP DMS, then start to work on exploration on Customization (IMG) of SAP DMS. for this check link [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm]

4. Side by side always keep yourself updated on the SAP DMS forums. This will help you to take sap DMS knowledge to a next level where you will find different issues and requirements faced by consultants during a project or learning. This will be as good as a project experience.

5. Visit SAP DMS Wiki where you will get some more detail info on the SAP DMS.This is very good site and always keep yourself updated on this wiki. [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/SAPDocumentManagementSystem%28CA-DMS%29]

Any learning is step by step process and there are no short cuts. Follow these steps and you will be a good SAP DMS Consultant one day and would be on top contributors in SAP DMS Forum.

Please contact me if you need any help.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Edited by: MANGESH PANDE on Feb 17, 2012 8:31 AM

Edited by: MANGESH PANDE on Feb 17, 2012 8:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To Learn SAP DMS basics,I suggest you start with exploring the things mentioned below.

1)Creating a Document Info Record(Transaction code-cv01n)

2)Changing a Document Info Record(Transaction code-cv02n)

3)Display a Document Info Record(Transaction code-cv03n)

4)Finding a Document Info Record(Transaction code-cv04n).

Search for these things.Hope these things will give you a good start.

Also refer previous posts on sdn which will give you a lot of information.

Regards

Praveen