cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No explosion via PPM set for material in product master

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to manually recreate an SNP PPM with reference to a PPDS PPM, after deleting old SNP PPM. But on the final screen / Logs of SNP PPM Generation, I am getting this error:

"No explosion via PPM set for <material>in product master"

Total 3 PPDS PPMs and 3 SNP PPMs existed. I deleted one SNP PPM and trying to regenerate when I got the above error.

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in product master in PPDS tab page under plan explosion what is the settings defined.

For PDS- 5 and PPM- 2

Thanks,

nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I shall try to get the change done.

One more question: Is this the field, based on which system decides to create either of PDS or PPM when Prod Version / BOM are CIFed from ECC to APO? Or is that setting done somewhere else?

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, you decide whether you would CIF PPM or PDS when you create the integration model (IM). You choose either PDS or PPM while creating the IM, and that is what creates PDS or PPM for the production version after CIF.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton! Only one more associated query:

If I change the "Plan Explosion" field from PDS to PPM (5 to 2), will that have repercussions somewhere else too? If we want to use PPM during heuristics, but I see this Plan Explosion field set to 5 - PDS, so I am changing it to 2 - PPM. But will that create any possible trouble somewhere else?

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you have not created both PPM and PDS for the same material. I am not able to think of a situation where you would like to use both.

So, if you use only PPM, then you are making the setting relevant to PPM.

It should not be an issue.

PS: Cross-check out in Display PDS transaction that you don't have any PDS for this material.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually earlier I saw we had PDS as well as PPM for this code...

The background was that they had changed components in BOM, but SNP Planned orders in product view were still showing dependent demand going to an old component. PDS had old component too and standard SNP PPM had it too. So I deleted PDS and CIFed BOM and Prod Version again but the regenerated PDS still had old component. I deleted standard SNP PPM too (there were 2 more SNP PPMs). But in the meanwhile, Heuristics ran and it considered the other SNP PPM (there were 2 SNP PPMs for this). Therefore I concluded that heuristics was using PPM and not PDS, otherwise deletion of standard SNP PPM should not have made a difference since the PDS was still there and had old component.

After making this setting change (remove 5), I regenerated the SNP PPM and now when I check for PDS I am not able to find it. So now we have only PPMs and no PDS for this...

Answers (0)