cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS Installation

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a NW AS Java only portal NW7.3 (components show 7.300)... on a distributed installation. My app server has java version "1.5.0".

I am now installing NWDI based on NW 7.3 (with DI + ADS) on a separate box.

- Please suggest me which java version should be used on developer's workstation for NWDS.

- Also, NWDS was showing as an 'installable' product.. however my NWDS 7.3 works without installing.. I have simply extracted the file (nwds-extsoa-7.3-SP05-PAT0000-win32.zip) and run NWDS.exe .. which opens a UI.

- After installation of NWDS, should I connect to NWDI or to my Portal development and how.

Please suggest ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, for nwds, no installation required, just extraction is enough.

nwdi is not prerequisite for development.

you can already start your development.

if you have a team for development and want to manage the version of source code, then you need nwdi.

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John..

Thank you for helping me out.

I know that NWDI is not a pre-requisite... but I'll have a large development team joining in. I'm in basis and working on installing a DI instance (usage: AS Java + DI + ADS). I am trying to test if it is good to be released to my developers.

Can you please confirm if my java sdk version on desktop (or developer's desktop) should match the java version on NWDI or on app server ? Is J2SDK 5 good enough ? Is there any official recommendation made by SAP in this regard for NWDS 7.3.

- After installation of NWDS, should I connect to NWDI or to my Portal development and how.

Here, I wanted to know how does NWDS connect / interact with Portal or NWDI ? In NWDS, should we mention NWDI Server address or the Portal server ?

Thanks