cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back order process solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru's,

How can you redefine the back order process?.. this is particular for returns oders, because it is open sales orders. so it is difficult to identify them.

looking for a comprehensive solution.

Thanks In Advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shahsal,

Your question is unclear. However, for the problem where a company wishes to differentiate between different types of Sales Processes, the first thing to consider for a solution is to create different Sales Document types; one doc type for each Sales business process that must be differentiated.

Best regards,

DB49

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

I agree to a certain extent.

To give a simplified more clear requirement is given below,

At present we use sales orders for both the goods that goes out and the returns. its ok for the goods that goes out, but the problem occurs when we use the same process when we receive return. because the sale order would appear open and incomplete in the process cycle.

What am looking for is a alternative if any to avoid this situation or a work around.

i hope this gives you a better understanding of the requirement.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shasal,

I don't know of anyone who uses a regular sales order to book a return; I don't even know how you would go about doing such a thing. Standard SAP return processing uses RM document type or similar. There are many differences between a Return and an Order, which makes it very easy to differentiate between the two. I don't understand how you could be having a problem seeing the difference between an order and a return.

I really think that you need to consult with your local SD expert. I believe you are just failing to use SAP's standard functionality.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/EN/e5/28649514791d4a8323dc3a2ba992f7/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey DB49 and Other Guru's,

The scenario and requirement is given below,

1. If we are creating delivery for sales order again. (Already created invoice or delivery previously). Those are Back Orders.

2. But we are unable to identify the back orders. Because those are open orders. New orders also consider by system as open orders.

3. All orders want to reject after delivery creation. (Except customized orders)

a. We are using Mass sales order change.

4. When we re-invoicing the back orders;

o If that sales order was rejected one, we want to remove the material rejection ITEM-wise. This wants to do manually one by one for each ITEM.

o Then we want to allocate the goods to ITEM-wise. (Confirm the quantities for delivery creation). This wants to do manually one by one for each ITEM.

o Then change the sales order date. Because if there are price change we want to invoice new invoice in new prices.

o Then we change the credit term of sales order. Because we want to reduce credit period for referring sales order gave date.

o Then we check the 01st day (order entering date) discount percentage. System will automatically give new discount percentage for back orders. But new discount rate & previous discount rate not match. So we need put manual discount rate for differentiation. Sometimes discounts are matching, at that time we are not putting manual discounts for back orders. Sometimes back order discount is larger than previous discount percentage. At that time we are unable to process these type orders.

o After that we are creating delivery documents for back orders as normally.

o Finally get the Invoices and deliver the goods to relevant customers.

 Requirements for change the back order system;

o Want to identify the discount percentage in initial stage. Itu2019s fixed & not changing in back order processing time. (If we are change the pricing date or credit term, it is not effected to order discount percentage.)

o In the rejected back order processing time, want to release the back order material rejection one time. Using one transaction. Currently this is doing one by one for each material.

o And we need allocate goods (Conform the goods for delivery) once (we need one transaction) to all the materials in the back order. Currently this is doing one by one for each material.

o If we can do these changes in SAP system for back order processing, we can reduce errors in to zero level. And the processing time of back orders also reducing. But if there are any variations in the material stocks, it is effected to back orders time to time processing.

 Suggestions;

o System change is required.

o We need to consider about market demand & production supply for complete the orders.

o All orders want a time period for complete. (Need to discus with Sales team).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shahsal,

I am having some difficulty interpreting your process flow. In addition, your Business Requirements do not seem specific enough to be able for me to generate a solution proposal that would meet all requirements. I suggest that you will have difficulty here getting a useful answer, when the posting covers a wide-ranging collection of problems to be solved.

If you wish to continue to pursue this topic in the SCN Forums, I suggest that you divide your business scenario into smaller subproblems; you will be more likely to get a satisfactory answer. Forums are best suited for providing answers to specific and narrowly defined problems.

Or, if you are unable to logically break this collection of business processes down into separate discrete steps, a better solution might be to just engage a consulting company to come in and provide a turnkey solution for you.

Best regards,& good Luck,

DB49