cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auditing in BO 4.0 - List of users who accessed System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just wanted to understand how does the Auditing function work in BO 4.0. I have a requirement when I have to check how many (Who all) users logged into BO system.

I tried query builder but it does not return any relevant values. I came across this thread in SDN but we are on SAP BW :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40711187-04e8-2d10-d190-851e20c7665a

Any suggestions or help how to achieve the requirement.

Best Regards

Ritesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go CMC > Auditing you can set the level of metadata detail that is writen to the Audit DB (this is installed by default at installation time). most customers host mysql/ sql srv Audit db, on an instance alongside the CMS system /security db.

in bi 4.0, the simplified schema of the audit (event) db can easily be queried by overlaying a 'business layer', aka .unx universe, as designed in IDT. then you can use the normal reporting tools to do BI on your BI deployment.

the fact that you use BW as a datasource for plan/actual data, for consumption into reports, is totally distinct from this scenario.

Regards,

H

p.s. that download link is a demo sample of an audit db universe - but it is just a 'starting point' for subsequent evolution, and not supported by Support.

Edited by: Henry Banks on Feb 17, 2012 11:44 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh

I don't know if i understand you well, but in the audit in BO don´t mind the kind of data source (a realtional datamart , BW or others).

You need configurated and activated audit in BO, once is activated is recording all the activity than you want it in the system in a database.

And you can access to this information through one universe or direct query.

I hope this information will be helpfull for you.

Regards,

Jaime