cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain Internal object number in MCHA table?

former_member337527
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

When we try to print the COA of a delivery, the fields are blank.

In the program it says that, the field "Internal Object No" is not maintained in MCHA table.

But the same is available in INOB table

Please let me know how to maintain this field in MCHA?

Thanks & Regards,

Jegashree

Edited by: Jegashree on Feb 17, 2012 10:49 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly check the records of internal object number for table MCHB.

Thanks

SUMIT

former_member337527
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not find the field "Internal object number" (CUOBJ BM)in table MCHB.

Could you please elaborate?

Thanks

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry the table name is MCH1.

Both the table have same data, only difference exists depends upon the batch settings and the batch class type you are using.

Thanks

SUMIT

former_member337527
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for the reply.

I checked in MCH1, it has not been maintained there as well.

And the class type I am using in 022(batch class)

Edited by: Jegashree on Feb 17, 2012 12:51 PM

former_member662213
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether characteristics along with values have been maintained for the batch or not.

In case, the batch does not have characteristics values, the internal object number is not generated.

Thanks

SUMIT GUPTA

former_member337527
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The characteristics fields and values are maintained for the batch class. But still the internal number is zero.

And I see that the internal number is generated sometimes when PGI is done for the delviery, or when something is done in MIGO or mb1c.

Can you please let me know when exactly is the internal object number generated?

Thanks & Regards,

Jegashree

former_member337527
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any inputs on the same?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jayshree,

As per my knowledge, Internal Object number is only created when you do any transaction for this batch, material and plant cobmination which you mention that on delivery and in MIGO.

Because i have one scenarion that we have enter the characteriastics value in material at the time of P.O. creation but internal object is not created. When we do the MIGO for this P.O. then we show the internal object no. in table.

-Sandip

former_member337527
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. In our case we create the batch through MIGO and do the value assignment for the characteristics through MIGO itself.But still the internal object number is not getting generated.Please let me know if there is any other method to populate this internal object no.

Thanks & Regards,

Jegashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please go in SE16 --> Table AUSP. There are Object number against the class.

May be it will help you.

-sandip

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you expecting the internal object number in MCHA to be populated? Normally it is not unless you are using very specific processess. What data are you expecting that object number to be linked to? It is not used to link to batch classification as many of the responders here seem to think. I wish sometiems people would at least do an F1 on a field before they respond with 'solutions' about it. (Sandip excluded here as he is on the right track)

I'm not sure why the COA program is looking for that. Can you give us the exact error message you are seeing by pasting it here?

Are you using some type of batch determination or variant configuration in your process?

For your characteristics in the COA profile what settings are you using for "Specifications origin" and "Results Origin".

FF

former_member337527
Participant
0 Kudos

We have a customized Z report to print the COA of delivery similar to that of QC20 transaction.

The program logic is written such that, it looks for the internal object number in MCHA table of the material-plant-batch combination used in the delivery.

If the internal object number is available, it goes on and prints the COA with values.

If the internal object number is zero in the mcha table, the Z report prints the COA without any characteristics or values. Only the header is getting printed.

Please let me know if this could be solved by any other way.

Thanks & Regards,

Jegashree

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where are you expecting to get the characteristic values from to print on the COA? From the general batch characteristics? An inspection lot? Or from the batch determination data in an order and variant config?

Has the report ever worked? Or is this new?

My first guess is that your programmer or spec writer is mis understanding what that internal object number is used for. It is not the link to the batch values.

FF

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jegashree,

Check classification status in msc2n. I guess batch class is not explore. if found the same then press batch class ikon and then check.

It happens when batch class assign to material later after the batch creation.

Regards,

Dhaval

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First off: please read my BLOG about changing COA programs.

I don't know why you wrote your own COA program. There usually is no real need.

The logic you currently have will not work as the field you continue to reference does not link to the normal batch characteristic.

If you must have your custom COA program, your programmer should use the BAPI for this. I'm not a programmer but look at BAPI VB_BATCH_VALUES_FOR_OUTPUT to get the details of batch classification.

You can also try BAPI

BAPI_OBJCL_GETDETAIL

BAPI_OBJCL_GETCLASSES

BAPI_OBJCL_GETOBJECTS

And finally FM CLAF_CLASSIFICATION_OF_OBJECTS might help.

FF