cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rules sets migration from one system to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fellows,

Does anyone know how to import/export rules set, risk, functions etc from one system to another. I know there is a utilities import/export under the UTILITIES TAB in RAR. I need to know that once perform this do i have to select only logical system or select all other systems as well. After import how I can test that the rules sets has been imported or not.

A clear steps would be appriciate and thanks much for the help gurus.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

The exoport / import facility is very good to migrate ruleset from one system to another. All you have to do is to set the destination system very carefully.

If your source rulset is based upon Logical System, selec tthat one and if the destination too is a logical system, put the name of logical system in the destination.

Select all what you want to export other than ruleset(Risks, functions etc) e.g. change logs.

After export you can simply import in new system for selected system and rule generation job will be triggered automatically.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks there,

I am trying to export file (logical system) from dev and safe the files on desktop. when i try to import the file into quility system and doing search after import than i dont find see any logical system at all.

tell me please do i have to create manally logical system in QA (I dont think so , right).

can you please tell me the procedure that how to export and import, rule set, risks, funtion and business process from one to another system.

Thanks much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Junaid,

GRC Logical system is a basic setting, if you want to use it. Are you clear to which system you want to import the rules- is it physical system or logical system? If may be a logical system or it may be a physical system, you will know it and put the name at the destination place when trying to export the rules.

Decide which system rule you want to export.

Decide which system you want to import.

Select the exporting system and put the importing system as destination in export. All Rulesets, Functions, Risks etc will come below, you can select them, all will go in one export and import.If you are not clear about them, read the configuration document which is available at Service Marketplace, it explains everything.

Regards,

Sabita