Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO for stock movement from Normal stock to Project/Special

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need your expert advice for the stock movement scenario;

I am having business scenario ,where I need to supply material from diffrent location to my Project sites at multiple locations and want to track stock at all project sites.

This I have tried to achieve through simple STO process between store to store. I have created one storage location as project site within same plant to facilate these STO process., I have chosen STO process because I have to fullfil the legal requrement of Excise Invice creation, while moving goods from MFG location to any other location, but I'm facing below issues while executing these steps.

Process Steps;

I am creating STO PO with item category U and account assignment Category Q (giving WBS created for Project site). While processing this PGI i am facing error ""deficit of special stock", (note: i want to move stock from normal store and not from special stock).

In order to reslve this error, we have converted stock to special stock through transfer posting (Movement - 501Q). While doing GR in reference to delivery doc system postes the doc in reference to same WBS which was refered in PO and not allowed to post to any other WBS. So this way this is duplication of Inventory (Since we have aready done transfer postingthrugh 51 Q onsame WBS) , hence this is not working.

Please suggest the possible solution to map this scenaro,

Warm Regards,

Jatnder Bansal

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can use Transfer posting 415 Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

Is it possible to move normal unrestricted stock to Project through store to store STO process and not via transfer posting.

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you say "store to store" I presume it was Plant.? or "Storage location" where material physically stored in a Plant and deinfed withing Plant. Am I right.

Regards,

PSR

Edited by: PSR on Feb 20, 2012 5:56 PM

Answers (0)