cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent demand at wrong material

Former Member
0 Kudos

For a product code, one component is replaced by another material code. Within PPDS time fence dependent demand is showing correctly at the new component. But beyond PPDS time fence, SNP:DepDmd is still showing at old component. There are 3 PPMs for this code.

How to make SNP:DepDmd beyond PPDS time fence to prevent taking old component?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

How did you generated those SNP orders? ByHeurisitc, Optimizer or CTM?

1)Heuristic

In /sapapo/snp01, have you checked "Add products from supersession chains"?

2)Optimizer

In optimizer profile, have you checked any selectoin in "Product interchangeability" area on "Gerneral constriants" tab?

3)CTM

In CTM profile, have you set "Product Interchangeability" field in "Strategies" -> "Special Strategies" tab?

If you do not set corresponding settings, SNP planning won't consiter interchangeability.

Please re-check your scenario again.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ada,

The planning run was Heuristics.

Your point was very good - I didn't pay attention so far to this field. We run SNP PPDS heuristics through a process chain. I checked the variant and found that "Include Products from Affected Supersession Chains" field is not ticked/selected. But the heuristics runs for all products - may be this is how it plans for all dependent demand/pdts also... This issue is not for all products but for only a few products...

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest that you try that field, since although you run heurisitc on all products, the consideration of interchangeability group makes difference. For example, you have product P1 with component C1, but from a future date, C1 will be replaced by C2. If you only run heurisitc on all products without "consideration interchangeability", the system will also plan C2, but it will never get dependend demand from P1. Sometimes C2 may also be planned before P1 since they're not relevant. But if you let the system to consider interchangeability group, system will transfer the dependent demand on C1 to C2 from the future date, and C2 will be planned after P1.

Best Regards,

Ada

Answers (0)